Guess I'm Falling In Love fake live version?

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
iaredatsun
Now jelly rolls in the street

Re: Guess I'm Falling In Love fake live version?

Post by iaredatsun » 21 May 2021 23:42

'Lund Peterson' has been back on youtube since comments were left enquiring about the recording. He has not responded.
underground, overground

stadtwerker

Post by stadtwerker » 24 May 2021 17:04

searchin4mymainline wrote:
21 May 2021 14:43
stadtwerker wrote:
21 Apr 2021 16:37
I'm reaching out to John to see if he is willing to share any details or context on this recording.
Please can you let us know if you got/get anywhere with this? Thanks.
I did not get a response unfortunately. I'm not a big Facebook fan, but sent a "friend request" and wrote him a message but haven't gotten a response to either though I can see he's since posted there a few times. I'm assuming that means he does not want to be contacted? I know he is on Twitter as well, but I do not want to be too much of a stalker though I am truly so so curious about this recording and the remote possibility there is more (audio of other appearances, video from Upbeat, etc). If anyone else wants to try to reach out, please do - he has a fairly public profile online (Youtube, blog, Twitter, Facebook).

searchin4mymainline
On the wild side

Post by searchin4mymainline » 25 May 2021 23:06

stadtwerker wrote:
24 May 2021 17:04
I did not get a response unfortunately. I'm not a big Facebook fan, but sent a "friend request" and wrote him a message but haven't gotten a response to either though I can see he's since posted there a few times. I'm assuming that means he does not want to be contacted? I know he is on Twitter as well, but I do not want to be too much of a stalker though I am truly so so curious about this recording and the remote possibility there is more (audio of other appearances, video from Upbeat, etc). If anyone else wants to try to reach out, please do - he has a fairly public profile online (Youtube, blog, Twitter, Facebook).
I'm giving it a try. I've posted a comment on his old blog entry about Lou Reed, enquiring about the recording. My comment won't show up unless he approves it.

searchin4mymainline
On the wild side

Post by searchin4mymainline » 31 May 2021 19:06

25 May 2021 23:06
I'm giving it a try. I've posted a comment on his old blog entry about Lou Reed, enquiring about the recording. My comment won't show up unless he approves it.
Just noticed that my comment has now appeared, so I guess John must have approved it.

lurid
Head held high

Post by lurid » 01 Jun 2021 11:16

31 May 2021 19:06
25 May 2021 23:06
Please keep us posted!

Mark
Head held high

Post by Mark » 24 May 2022 15:26

So I guess Lund Peterson never revealed anything else about where this recording came from?
8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

searchin4mymainline
On the wild side

Post by searchin4mymainline » 24 May 2022 20:10

Mark wrote:
24 May 2022 15:26
So I guess Lund Peterson never revealed anything else about where this recording came from?
He (presumably) approved my query about it on his blog, but didn't otherwise respond to it.

https://democurmudgeon.blogspot.com/201 ... -gone.html

searchin4mymainline
On the wild side

Post by searchin4mymainline » 26 May 2022 09:58

Perhaps someone else following it up would be worth a try?

threechordwonder
Head held high

Post by threechordwonder » 27 May 2022 09:15

26 May 2022 09:58
The video on Peterson's blog has been blocked by UMG (in the UK at least). Does anyone here have the audacity to contact UMG to ask why they blocked it, or if they know the source?

searchin4mymainline
On the wild side

Post by searchin4mymainline » 27 May 2022 10:42

threechordwonder wrote:
27 May 2022 09:15
26 May 2022 09:58
The video on Peterson's blog has been blocked by UMG (in the UK at least). Does anyone here have the audacity to contact UMG to ask why they blocked it, or if they know the source?
The blocked video isn't the "Guess I'm Falling In Love" video, which is still unblocked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU2UNyDoN_M

It occurred to me the other day that the query I posted could be potentially misread as referring to the video in the blog post that I commented on, rather than the video I linked to in my comment. That did not occur to me at the time. I commented on that post because it was the only post I found in the blog that had any relevance to Lou Reed / Velvets. If someone wants to follow this up with a clarifying comment on the blog, or try to contact John Peterson by other means, that might be worth a try. Otherwise I can try posting a clarification myself, but perhaps it would look better if it's clear that it's not just me that's interested.