WTD: Warhol film 'Ari and Mario'

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
fadeToblack

WTD: Warhol film 'Ari and Mario'

Post by fadeToblack » 11 May 2006 01:09

just updated my trade list.

dwillsXBR(at)gmail(dot)com

simonm
Head held high

Post by simonm » 11 May 2006 12:06

This is fairly obscure, are you a big Mario Montez fan?
IMDB says Nico is in it also.

I see the film listed on various filmographies but it isn't mentioned in Steven Koch's Stargazer book, which is to say it wasn't known when the book was first published in 1973. Koch's filmography is basically an annotated version of one that Jonas Mekas did in 1970.

Post by Guest » 12 May 2006 02:23

simonm wrote:This is fairly obscure, are you a big Mario Montez fan?
IMDB says Nico is in it also.

I see the film listed on various filmographies but it isn't mentioned in Steven Koch's Stargazer book, which is to say it wasn't known when the book was first published in 1973. Koch's filmography is basically an annotated version of one that Jonas Mekas did in 1970.

I'm a Nico fan and the plot line looks like Nico and her son Ari would be the main focus of this film. I have the 1963 film 'Strip-tease' where Nico is the star. any Nico footage from the 60s is rare.

GroovyMusic
On Another PlaNET

Post by GroovyMusic » 12 May 2006 02:26

The guest above wrote:I'm a Nico fan and the plot line looks like Nico and her son Ari would be the main focus of this film. I have the 1963 film 'Strip-tease' where Nico is the star. any Nico footage from the 60s is rare.
I'd like to get my hands on that.

simonm
Head held high

Post by simonm » 12 May 2006 10:50

Anonymous wrote: I'm a Nico fan and the plot line looks like Nico and her son Ari would be the main focus of this film. I have the 1963 film 'Strip-tease' where Nico is the star. any Nico footage from the 60s is rare.
You can get Strip Tease quite easy on Ebay now. I haven't got it but a friend did me a CD-R of the Serge Gainsbourg soundtrack.

... another good (and funny) Warhol one is The Closet, which I've seen. It's in colour too IIRC.

I think there's some kind of polite dispute between the Foundation in NY, who own the rights, and the Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh and who own the archival prints (including silent footage of the VU at the Boston Tea Party).

MoMA loan out their copies, but I'd guess only the 'core' filmography published in the earlier books. One of my pet peeves is people writing about films and describing them when they haven't seen them (not people like you - I mean academics and writers).

Good luck finding them!

S

lookingforVUfootage

Re: WTD: Warhol film 'Ari and Mario'

Post by lookingforVUfootage » 15 Jan 2018 16:59

[quote=fadeToblack post_id=7226 time=1147302552]
just updated my trade list.

dwillsXBR(at)gmail(dot)com
[/quote]

Hi fadetoblack,

I wonder if you had access to this video? I'd love to be able to see it. Thanks so much!

Best,
Daniel