STG Needs Your Silver

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
citizensmurf
Hangin' 'round

STG Needs Your Silver

Post by citizensmurf » 30 May 2004 08:03

This is a request for anyone with silver copies of some of the better VU boots to make shn or flac sets and upload them to sharingthegroove or easytree. There hasn't been much lossless VU available to this new trading avenue, so if anyone feels like giving without necessarily receiving, the world will be a better place. Being a completist (like a lot of you) I find it hard to sort out where I can find all the VU tracks available, but Caught Between the Twisted Stars, Searchin' For My Mainline, Ultra Rare Tracks 1-4, Sweet Sister Ray's Murder Mystery and Collector's Dream seem like they have a good chunk of the assorted tracks. As well any of the 93 shows would be a great addition.

Also anyone know where the sources for the Afterhours tape compilations were sourced, as in are the full tapes they used, and the one's listed in WGO circulating? I was intrigued by the yahoo VU group's efforts to make the ultimate VU collection, but a look at the track list showed more interest in OOP solo tracks and mono versions that live stuff.

Thanks for you interest

N

fracas64

Post by fracas64 » 03 Jun 2004 11:23

Hi!
I have some velvet stuff you're looking for. I've made a vine on Dylantree.com with "caught between the Twisted stars" a copy from the silver...But i'm looking for "searchin' for my main line".
if you can help me...
Thanks
Fracas64