[torrent] a symphony of sound - audio

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
ferges
Site Admin

[torrent] a symphony of sound - audio

Post by ferges » 30 May 2004 23:03

check this
-----------------
The Velvet Underground And Nico: A Symphony Of Sound

Film: by Andy Warhol, 67 min, 2 reels, B/W. A video tape of 2nd reel circulates unofficialy. A pirate "audience" screener video (recorded during a film projection) also exists, and it has the complete film. The complete film is now available officialy on VHS format, released in 2002 by RaroVideo Visioni Underground.

The previous info is from http://members.aol.com/olandem/vu.html

I don't know about the lineage of this boot, because I got it in a trade. Apparently, it's an audience recording (a good quality one), obtained during one screening of the movie. The jam is divided into tracks, but I don't have any info. Anyway, it's a pleasure for VU fans and improv music fans in general.
-----------------
torrent file

rockadelic76
Beginning to see the light

Re: [torrent] a symphony of sound - audio

Post by rockadelic76 » 01 Jun 2004 20:25

ferges wrote:check this
-----------------

Film: by Andy Warhol, 67 min, 2 reels, B/W. A video tape of 2nd reel circulates unofficialy. A pirate "audience" screener video (recorded during a film projection) also exists, and it has the complete film. The complete film is now available officialy on VHS format, released in 2002 by RaroVideo Visioni Underground.

I don't know about the lineage of this boot, because I got it in a trade. Apparently, it's an audience recording (a good quality one), obtained during one screening of the movie. The jam is divided into tracks, but I don't have any info. Anyway, it's a pleasure for VU fans and improv music fans in general.
do what I did. take the 62 min VCD (the VCd is a copy from the officialy released DVD also from Raro) and seperate the audio and burn it to a audio CD-R.

lostblues
Head held high

Re: [torrent] a symphony of sound - audio

Post by lostblues » 02 Jun 2004 00:40

rockadelic76 wrote:
ferges wrote:check this
-----------------

do what I did. take the 62 min VCD (the VCd is a copy from the officialy released DVD also from Raro) and seperate the audio and burn it to a audio CD-R.
and then you still have an mp3 audio... :roll:

ferges
Site Admin

Post by ferges » 02 Jun 2004 03:11

it's rather mp2 (i don't know the exact difference)

ractrader
Hangin' 'round

Post by ractrader » 02 Jun 2004 05:00

I think you're qouting my post on stg. I didn't have a clue about my copy (the one torrented) being mp3 sourced. Is it? It's weird nobody mentioned that on the thread...

ractrader
Hangin' 'round

Post by ractrader » 02 Jun 2004 05:03

Ok, I have checked the post our guest referred to, and it's from another show! So I did no harm...

ferges
Site Admin

Post by ferges » 02 Jun 2004 23:47

check these images.

this is a mp3 (encoded at 192kbps). you can see drop at 16kHZ

and this one is for the torrented bootleg. it seems probable that it's not mp3 sourced (but you never know).

simonm
Head held high

Post by simonm » 03 Jun 2004 01:07

I think I might be the original source of this, if it is divided up into 6 (? I forget) tracks, it could be the one I mastered from a tape I made at a screening - there's one version with the tuning up etc as the first track, and another one where it goes straight into the drone.

I have traded it with a few people, but it wasn't me who torrented it ...

ractrader
Hangin' 'round

Post by ractrader » 03 Jun 2004 05:05

I torrented the Symphony of Sound on STG/easytree. I got the CDR in a trade and I trust the trader. I don't think it's mp3 sourced. The mp3 sourced show was Hilltop festival (you'll see it if you click on the mentioned thread. Nice to find our original taper, anyway. Any news about Rosie Lee?