Max's....just at thought

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
jimjim
Head held high

Max's....just at thought

Post by jimjim » 30 Jun 2004 14:46

Hey, how y'all doing. Its a boring & slow day in London (we have a tube strike and no-one is here) and I've just had a thought.

If the early copies of the new Max's CD are circulating on E-bay etc, and now the rehearsal tracks have been cutoff, perhaps we should chase those who have the now 'banned' tracks on version 1 of the promo CDs to upload them here or elsewhere?

I know they've been bootlegged elsewhere but it'd be nice to hear them in more pristine quality for once.

Just an idea.... :wink:
"If anyone had a heart
They wouldn't turn around & break it
And if anyone played a part
They wouldn't turn around & fake it"
Lou Reed, 'Sweet Jane', 1970

ractrader
Hangin' 'round

Post by ractrader » 30 Jun 2004 15:36

I would love to hear that. And would also love to have that copy you have, of course. Does it sound much better than the "Flowers of Evil" bootleg version?

jimjim
Head held high

Post by jimjim » 30 Jun 2004 16:52

Sorry mate, I don't have it. :( Just trying to drum up a campaign to have these tracks liberated via some lucky sod whose got the 1st version of the advance CDs.
"If anyone had a heart
They wouldn't turn around & break it
And if anyone played a part
They wouldn't turn around & fake it"
Lou Reed, 'Sweet Jane', 1970

cuckoo
Beginning to see the light

Post by cuckoo » 30 Jun 2004 23:20

I have it. The quality is similar to Flowers ( the label does state "This is a work cd-r. Master tapes were not available at the time this was made."). Quality is much better than Max's rehearsals cd if you've heard that. I would love to help out by putting these tracks up (instead of just taking, it would be nice to give something!), but don't know how to go about it!!

rnranimal
Head held high

Post by rnranimal » 01 Jul 2004 02:58

"This is a work cd-r. Master tapes were not available at the time this was made."

That's pretty dissapointing, but I take that to mean they plan to have and use the master tapes for the final release. Hope so. Wonder if the 2nd advance release is from the masters?

lostblues
Head held high

Post by lostblues » 01 Jul 2004 07:33

cuckoo wrote:I have it. The quality is similar to Flowers ( the label does state "This is a work cd-r. Master tapes were not available at the time this was made."). Quality is much better than Max's rehearsals cd if you've heard that. I would love to help out by putting these tracks up (instead of just taking, it would be nice to give something!), but don't know how to go about it!!
I wouldn´t do that as the are copyrighted by Rhino. You may get in trouble...

Tad Shy

Post by Tad Shy » 01 Jul 2004 19:30

All I know is Bob over at Rockaway must be sitting on a butt load of these, 'cause he keeps putting more up on eBay. Prolly knows someone at Rhino.
So isn't anyone who's in current posession of the FOE discs in violation of copywrite?:wink:
But I understand what you are saying JimJim -- The rehearsal tracks aren't part of the official release, so there isn't any direct competition. They are "outtakes" as such and should be fair game. Heck, I think just about every one of us on this board have been guilty of violating copywrite (except ME, I'm as pure as the driven snow!). I think it is more a matter of timing than the actual legality of the issue. Let's at least give Rhino a chance to get it in the shops before we lambast them. LOL
On a side note:
Is it just me, or is eveyone else getting sick and tired of having the rug pulled out from under on these V.U. releases? I'm referring to the fact that on the deluxe VU mono release Joanie Lee and Get it on Time were originally slated to be issued, but were then yanked at the eleventh hour due to an unexplained and mysterious "force". And now it has happened again with MaXX. WTF?!? Thank Goddess for Miss Rosie Lee! Finally, I feel vindicated over the mono VU release.
Awww, I'm GUNNA buy the damn MaXX thing when it's released. . .Just like I ALWAYS do. There is a sucker born every minute.
For those of you that celebrate the 4th of July, have a safe week-end. For those who don't, go blow something up!
brian