Old topic, but this is the playlist I have had on a CDR since that discussion. I found and played it yesterday and think it works quite well as a way of using the odd Cale tracks that never made it to an album or even the studio. Mimics the 3rd album running to a degree and only uses one non-Cale track.
1. Stephanie Says (from 45th WLWH)
2. What Goes On (from 45th 3rd mono)
3. It's All Right The Way That You Live (from PSAS)
4. I'm Not Too Sorry (from PSAS)
5. Temptation Inside Your Heart (from 45th WLWH)
1. Beginning To See The Light (from 45th WLWH)
2. Guess I'm Falling In Love (from 45th WLWH)
3. Hey Mr. Rain version 1 (from 45th WLWH)
4. Sheltered Life (from PSAS)
Because I love the Ludlow/Broom Street demo tape and felt some of that stuff would have been nice if it had been developed. What Goes On from the 3rd album because it's a key Cale-era song and we can only imagine how good it would have been. (Missed off Foggy as that seems to belong to '1969/4th')
I have a Cale era alternative history 3rd album playlist to bridge between WLWH and the real-world 3rd album. I don't use the Ludlow/Broom St. demos because they are so sonically different. Like Simply Saucer's Cyborgs Revisited it has a Studio side and a live side. I call it 'Backbeat' after Cale's lament that once they became a touring band, they were always looking for the backbeat.
1. Guess I'm Falling in Love instrumental
2. Hey Mr Rain v1
3. Stephanie Says
4. Beginning to See the Light
6. Hey Mr Rain V2.
1. Booker T. (Live 67)
2. I'm Not A Young Man Anymore (Live 67)
3. Guess I'm Falling In Love (Live 67)
4. The Gift (Live 67)
It does include both versions of Hey Mr Rain which I guess some would choose to drop and I have chosen to keep The Gift despite it already having an official release. It weights in at 50 minutes which is a bit hefty for the standards of the day. I have a similar playlist for the tracks from Matrix rehearsals and Honeymoon acetate.