Real Good Time Together Radio Broadcast

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
Kill Mick
Head held high

Re: Real Good Time Together Radio Broadcast

Post by Kill Mick » 19 Jan 2016 13:33

As posted by hkmartin above, the US Amazon clearly states this was recorded in 93. There's no way these recordings are from any time in the 70s.

Btw Laser Media, the company responsible, also have some dodgy looking Doors CDs coming out that do feature radio recordings from the 60s/70s.
Keep the faith

DavidH
Head held high

Post by DavidH » 19 Jan 2016 22:51

After that 'Great Banana' bootleg CD, which claimed to be a 67 show, but was a straight copy of part of 1969 Live, I wouldn't put anything past bootleggers.

iaredatsun
Now jelly rolls in the street

Post by iaredatsun » 20 Jan 2016 14:24

DavidH wrote:After that 'Great Banana' bootleg CD, which claimed to be a 67 show, but was a straight copy of part of 1969 Live, I wouldn't put anything past bootleggers.
It might even be a Miley Cyrus concert.
underground, overground

bobbydriver
On the wild side

Post by bobbydriver » 28 Jan 2016 12:33

Release day seems to be tomorrow - is anyone taking the plunge?

logic
On the wild side

Post by logic » 28 Jan 2016 18:01

No, not me...
i don't like the 93 stuff.

dial4
Head held high

Post by dial4 » 28 Jan 2016 21:31

I prefer that to the post 1974 Reed recordings and concerts, all four play better songs better.

bobbydriver
On the wild side

Post by bobbydriver » 10 Feb 2016 10:57

Still not dared to order, but just found a site with soundclips of every song

http://www.saturn.de/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... GINE=audio

Definitely doesn't sound like the Paris MCMXCIII Live show(s) and it's a clear soundboard recording. If it *was* ever broadcast on FM anywhere it wasn't mixed for FM at all. The guitars are quiet, the viola almost inaudible, Lou's voice is LOUD and Mo's drums sound like cardboard boxes

As the only known soundboard of the tour is from the 2nd Edinburgh show, I'm guessing it is that but I don't have a copy to compare.

Hint - after the Velvet Nursery Rhyme Lou says "straight from soundcheck to you". They didn't play it on the 1st night of the tour, 2nd night at Edinburgh was the debut

searchin4mymainline
On the wild side

Post by searchin4mymainline » 10 Feb 2016 16:27

bobbydriver wrote:Still not dared to order, but just found a site with soundclips of every song

Definitely doesn't sound like the Paris MCMXCIII Live show(s) and it's a clear soundboard recording. If it *was* ever broadcast on FM anywhere it wasn't mixed for FM at all. The guitars are quiet, the viola almost inaudible, Lou's voice is LOUD and Mo's drums sound like cardboard boxes

As the only known soundboard of the tour is from the 2nd Edinburgh show, I'm guessing it is that but I don't have a copy to compare.

Hint - after the Velvet Nursery Rhyme Lou says "straight from soundcheck to you". They didn't play it on the 1st night of the tour, 2nd night at Edinburgh was the debut
I've got the bootleg of the Edinburgh soundboard, and the "straight from soundcheck to you" matches up.

paleblue_it

Post by paleblue_it » 29 Feb 2016 22:21

yep, i checked it out too, it does, except the bootleg sounds much much better...
the sound is clearer, guitars are audible and the drums don't sound as muffled.
maybe it's the streaming that's lo-fi though

searchin4mymainline wrote:
bobbydriver wrote:Still not dared to order, but just found a site with soundclips of every song

I've got the bootleg of the Edinburgh soundboard, and the "straight from soundcheck to you" matches up.

bobbydriver
On the wild side

Post by bobbydriver » 06 May 2016 14:30

Confirmed that this is the same source as the 1993 2nd night Edinburgh SBD, but only the first half of the set. What was the point?

The 2CD bootleg is much more desirable as it has the soundcheck tracks on it too
https://www.discogs.com/Velvet-Undergro ... se/3269017

Note the bootleg version manages to fill CD1 with 2 more songs than this new pointless release..