The VU's New York - Guide Map

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
bleach
Head held high

The VU's New York - Guide Map

Post by bleach » 24 Feb 2016 17:49

I ordered this today as at some point I will get to NYC to see the sites, it looks like a nice idea and someone has put some effort/shoe leather into the project. The only slight rub was that they wanted ?3.45 for UK postage :evil:

"During their brief existence the Velvet Underground lived, played and recorded around their home city of New York. Now, for the first time, all the significant NYC locations have been charted in one place."

Material: recycled paper
Measurements: 297 x 420 mm

https://www.trouva.com/products/56c5bb2 ... 03001b5e6c

bobbydriver
On the wild side

Re: The VU's New York - Guide Map

Post by bobbydriver » 04 Mar 2016 14:50

bleach wrote:The only slight rub was that they wanted ?3.45 for UK postage :evil:
Yeah I ordered it too - very naughty because it says free postage right up until you click order - then it adds ?3.45 postage

Doubly annoying when it then arrives in a small envelope with a first class stamp which cost them 0.63p

It's quite a nice little artefact - with the emphasis on little, it's definitely pocket-sized in every sense

Not quite an exhaustive list of locations either, but has the main ones.

bobbydriver
On the wild side

Post by bobbydriver » 04 Mar 2016 15:02

In fact - I've realised that Trouva is a highl level agent site for a number of boutiques and this VU map was actually fulfilled by

http://dowsedesign.co.uk/products/velve ... -guide-map

Dowse Design have a flat rate of ?2.50 UK delivery for all items, so you would be better placed ordering it directly from them and cut out the rob dogs at Trouva

bobbydriver
On the wild side

Post by bobbydriver » 04 Mar 2016 17:26

I complained to Trouva and got a ?2 refund on my postage :D

I'll put it towards a plane ticket to NYC so I can actually use the map haha