Warhol/Factory/V.U. on Venture Brothers

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
radiofreesimulacrum
On the wild side

Warhol/Factory/V.U. on Venture Brothers

Post by radiofreesimulacrum » 06 Apr 2016 21:14

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with the Venture Brothers cartoon on Adult Swim, but a recent episode did a parody of Warhol and the Factory.
The description of the pertinent parts of the episode;

"The episode begins with an introduction of the Doom Factory, a loosely-connected collective of 10 super-villain / artistes, who are sycophantic followers of the evil genius Wes Warhammer. The characters are all based on Andy Warhol (Warhammer) and his Factory Superstars and hangers-on: Frigid (Brigid Berlin), Serpentine (Ondine), Eenie-Meanie (Edie Sedgwick), Gerard the Gorilla (Gerard Malanga), Black Maria (Paul Morrisey), Trashenstein (Joe Dalessandro), Ultra Violent (Ultra Violet), Shehemoth, Billy Maim (Billy Name), Hard Candy (Candy Darling).

The Ventures receive a very artsy threat videotape in a Warholesque box marked Doom

Meanwhile, the Doom Factory has taken over the Venture apartment. Dr. Venture walks in to find pseudo-Velvet Underground music playing while Frigid sorts pills on the table. Psychedelic lights are flashing, there are Warholesque silkscreens of Dr. Venture on the wall. When Dr. Venture finally realizes that he is being arched, he runs upstairs to the panic room, where he finds Wes Warhammer and Black Maria filming Trashenstein. They start making a movie of Dr. Venture, who ends up in his underpants, but it turns out to be a distraction while the Doom Factory make off with Dr. Venture's science equipment. However, By the time Dr. Venture realizes this, his home has become a large Happening, full of villains."

The episode can be seen here;

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-ven ... one-night/

The relevant parts are at the beginning, around the 10 minute mark and 14 minute mark for the"pseudo-Velvet Underground music" and Gerald the Gorilla whip dance

threechordwonder
Head held high

Re: Warhol/Factory/V.U. on Venture Brothers

Post by threechordwonder » 09 Apr 2016 11:07

All quite plausible, thanks.

I just want to document a namecheck for the VU in Family Guy (actually, four bands in one sentence).

Brian Griffin: "Can I Wham! my Oingo Boingo into your Velvet Underground?"