VU & Nico LP with missing 'Sunday Morning' track

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
anagrama
Beginning to see the light

Re: VU & Nico LP with missing 'Sunday Morning' track

Post by anagrama » 29 Oct 2017 20:51

There are lies, damned lies & discogs ownership statistics.
Rest assured that 300 people do not own a copy of this (it would be much better documented than it is if that were the case) and that it has not sold for $50 (almost certainly a mis-listed copy from a lazy seller).

leamanc
On the wild side

Post by leamanc » 31 Oct 2017 00:48

anagrama wrote:There are lies, damned lies & discogs ownership statistics.
:lol: Yeah, I said "if that's true" about the 300 owners. I'd like to think it is, as the entry for it has a big wall of text about how unique it is. I pray and hope that people aren't that lazy to just pick the entry for any early copy to add to their collection. Most Discogs users are pretty anal about which pressing they have ("my matrix number is 2345-B like normal, but there's a small nick etched below the B!").

What makes me most dubious is $50 for a VG+/VG with the Emerson torso, regardless of pre-release, promo or retail pressing. My original stereo and mono pressings haven't risen in value like I'd hoped, but I know I could get more than $50 for them!

anagrama

Post by anagrama » 31 Oct 2017 08:26

Re. the "300 owners" - it's worth noting that this variant was set as the "key release" version for a year or so, so will have been the first in the list of 200+ variants. I imagine it picked up most of those "owners" during this time.

anagrama

Post by anagrama » 31 Oct 2017 08:26

*remove dupe post*
Last edited by anagrama on 31 Oct 2017 08:27, edited 1 time in total.

DavidH
Head held high

Post by DavidH » 31 Oct 2017 08:26

10 people claim to own the Scepter Acetate, so we know that even though a lot of people on discogs are anal and precise, there are who knows how many comedians on the site as well :lol: