New Book from Alfredo Garcia

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
velvetfan
Head held high

New Book from Alfredo Garcia

Post by velvetfan » 07 Oct 2017 17:06

Some of you may have gotten this email, but I got permission to post it. Exciting! (Note: I don't know how to post a photo here, but if you go to Facebook Let's Talk about Lou Reed Group and there is a photo of the cover there. Somebody will be able to then post here.
Dear Fan

I am contacting you today as you were one of the fans that bought the Limited Edition of “The Inevitable World of the Velvet Underground”.

My second book is in the oven and will be available soon ready for distribution: “The Velvet Underground in Chicago with pictures by Allan Lee Koss”. Picture of the cover attached.

Back this summer I bought one never seen before shot of the Velvet Underground playing at the Kinetic Playground in Chicago, April 1969.

Made contact with photograper Allen Lee Koss who told me should had some more pictures from that night. A few days later a total of 11 never seen before pictures of the Velvets perfoming at the Kinetic saw the light after 48 years. I bought them all and got permission from Mr. Koss to publish the pictures in a book to make them available to the fans.

“The Velvet Underground in Chicago with pictures by Allan Lee Koss” will contain 11 never seen before pictures plus 6 Sections (one for each venue viisted by the group) with a total 56 pages full of nicely reproduced stuff, mostly new:

-Poor Richard´s June 1966

Posters, ads , newspapers review and a reprint af newspapers reviews of Ronald Nameths´s Exploding Plastic Inevitable Film not included in “The Inevitable”.

-Playboy Club June 1966

-Aardvark Cinematheque February 1968

You have always seen the infamous “Copper” review of the event reprinted on the 1991 Scrapbook. Gloriously reproduced here from the obscure Original Magazine dated April 1968 plus one additional page.

-Kinetic Playground January 1969

Poster and Advertises not included in “The Inevitable”

-Kinetic Playground April 1969

Advertises not included in “The Inevitable” and the 11 B&W Mr. Koss´s pictures. 6 Full Page Pictures , 5 Double Page Pictures.

-The Quite Kinght, January 1970

Advertises not included in “The Inevitable”

The Book will be Soft Cover Limited / Numbered edition of 100 to a Maximum 200 units (still to be decided) . High quality paper and reproductions. About 12 x 8 inch

We are opening today the Pre-Order list. NO NEED TO SEND MONEY in advance. Give me your reply back with your interrest and you are in!

EUR 30 + Shipping and Handling (Europe EUR 25 , USA and Rest of the World EUR 30))

Looking forward hearing from you soon!

Alfredo Garcia

bradski
Head held high

Re: New Book from Alfredo Garcia

Post by bradski » 07 Oct 2017 18:31

any sounds that we feel would detract from the performance has been left in place

velvetfan
Head held high

Post by velvetfan » 07 Oct 2017 19:32

bradski wrote:Image
I forgot to post his email to ask ? or pre-order. sorry inevitablevucatalogue@gmail.com

peppergomez
Head held high

Post by peppergomez » 07 Oct 2017 22:24

Great job!

bradski
Head held high

Post by bradski » 20 Feb 2018 19:48

I got my copy on Saturday. Superb work. Thanks Alfredo.
any sounds that we feel would detract from the performance has been left in place

lurid
Head held high

Post by lurid » 20 Feb 2018 19:51

I got mine yesterday. Great package and content/photos. another super job by Alfredo!

logic
On the wild side

Post by logic » 20 Feb 2018 19:52

Thanks, had the mail from Alfredo, but accedentely deletet it.

taxine
Head held high

Post by taxine » 22 Feb 2018 12:25

Yeahh...I got the mail 2 days ago,hopelly will have this treasure in one or two weeks time,thank you Alfredo aka Mr Inevitable. 8-) :P
But there are no stars in New York sky, they're all on the ground.
This is the place where she lay her head when she went to bed at night....

velvetfan
Head held high

Post by velvetfan » 22 Feb 2018 19:27

I'm in Louisiana and got mine today. At first skim through it is beautiful. I love the protective display box. I plan to make some kind of title sticker for the box. I notice many news clippings that I have never seen before; very exciting. It is also thrilling to see these new photos. This is the first time that you get a clear, up close view of the band performing. I see shots of Moe that are a revelation. There is a shot of Lou with an expression that I have never seen on his face before. It is always special when any new VU music or photos surface after all these years, as is the case with these. But the presentation of this new material is done so beautifully this time, that it will be a valued piece of VU memorabilia forever. If you don't own a copy, order one now. there are a limited number printed.

Hagbard Celine

Post by Hagbard Celine » 19 Dec 2021 03:04

Anyway to track these down anywhere? I only have the first two books