More scanned articles

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
iaredatsun
Now jelly rolls in the street

Re: More scanned articles

Post by iaredatsun » 23 Jan 2018 22:06

threechordwonder wrote:
23 Jan 2018 20:42
Some more scans have been loaded.

First, Phase 11, with Lou as a musician in 76 and 89, plus Lou as a journalist in 90 (interviewing Vaclav Havel). Also an NME article from 1990, an interview given after the Paris "reunion".

Then Phase 99, off-topic articles with VU interest. There's a lenny Bruce retrospective (because of the Eulogy on Chelsea Girl, a piece on Nick Drake with a passing reference to Cale on Bryter Layter, and finally a review of the avant-garde in 76 featuring Stockhausen, Cage and Glass plus a few lines about La Monte Young and Cale.

That's nearly it, there's not much more to come. Use the same link as before and scroll down https://c.mail.com/peterz1970@mail.com/ ... wdvJIhCmBA
3chord, I'm getting a 'share does not exist' message.
underground, overground

threechordwonder
Head held high

Post by threechordwonder » 23 Jan 2018 22:46

iaredatsun wrote:
23 Jan 2018 22:06

3chord, I'm getting a 'share does not exist' message.
Weird and annoying. The cut and paste didn't work, try this version https://c.mail.com/peterz1970@mail.com/ ... wdvJIhCmBA or use the link from one of the earlier posts.

My apologies, and I don't know a way to edit the bad link.

iaredatsun
Now jelly rolls in the street

Post by iaredatsun » 24 Jan 2018 02:09

threechordwonder wrote:
23 Jan 2018 22:46

Weird and annoying. The cut and paste didn't work, try this version https://c.mail.com/peterz1970@mail.com/ ... wdvJIhCmBA or use the link from one of the earlier posts.

My apologies, and I don't know a way to edit the bad link.
That did it. Thank-you and thank-you again for all the scans!

(Actually, I should heave realised that it was the old link with more files added to it.)
underground, overground

threechordwonder
Head held high

Post by threechordwonder » 25 Jan 2018 10:49

Right, that's it for a while, I'm done. Well, there might be one more when it turns up but it could be a while.

This time though the following goodies are offered:
update to the Phase 6 1993 tour, just a couple of announcements added as a postscript
Phase 12 has publicity interviews for the 93 tour from NME and Vox, and the accompanying Vox Record Hunter article.
Finally ZedPhase is the last word, a cartoon with a brief nod to the Velvets on the way to a very funny ending.

To read them, use the working link from one of the earlier posts.

Anything I modify in the meantime will show in the list with 'Updated' or 'Reformatted' in the filename.

threechordwonder
Head held high

Re: More scanned articles (Phase 14, Phase55)

Post by threechordwonder » 28 Jan 2018 18:31

Drum solo! Or, possibly, drummer duo, uploaded as Phase 14 (use a link from one of the posts above).

I located the missing article quicker than I thought I would; it's 'Moe better blues' from The Bob '94, Moe talking about the '93 tour, U2 and bootleggers (with some reformatting because there was a column of text printed across the centrefold). With it I found the Anugus MacLise "Trance" package, a one-sided single with some strange extras you might not have seen.

Finally, Phase55a is just some Velvet fluff.

There's no Phase 13, nothing is auspicious enough. If anything suitable turns up it will be posted on the 13th of whatever month is available and I'll post a note on the forum.

So that's it. It has not taken long and now you know (all that) I know. Enjoy!

threechordwonder
Head held high

Post by threechordwonder » 02 Apr 2018 14:57

Some stuff turned up, inconsequential fluff really, so I've posted it as "Phase55b_Curiosities".

There's a '73 ad for Berlin, plugs for the Reed and Cale documentaries on UK television in '98, and a publisher's promo for the James Young book.

Did no-one laugh at the Biff cartoon?

threechordwonder
Head held high

Post by threechordwonder » 19 Aug 2020 11:49

Yup, I found some more old stuff so I've made some clumsy scans and put them on my fileshare.

The new file is called Phase16_Cale_Zen and contains a press release for What's Welsh for Zen? plus some reviews from the UK press. You'll need to download the pdf and adjust the print size to suit your eyes (the text seems incredibly small to me these days).

Here's a link to the new file only: https://c.mail.com/@652099718028993115/ ... LzqBMd8gUw

and here's a link to browse the whole list https://c.mail.com/@652099718028993115/ ... wdvJIhCmBA

gazatthebop
Head held high

Post by gazatthebop » 01 Sep 2020 14:22

Anyone interested in Cale articles should try joining the John Cale Unauthorized facebook page. There are hundreds and hundreds posted there