1969 Live With Lou Reed private remaster

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
leamanc
On the wild side

Re: 1969 Live With Lou Reed private remaster

Post by leamanc » 01 Jan 2018 01:32

pineappleaftermath wrote:Huh I can't download disc 1... anyone else having trouble or is it just me?
Just tested it and disc 1 downloaded and unzipped for me OK.

leamanc
On the wild side

Post by leamanc » 01 Jan 2018 01:36

MJG196 wrote:Plan on this being bootlegged and for sale on AUDIOPHILE 220g VINYL!!
Heh heh, that thought occurrred to me. As long as I get an Executive Producer and Compiler credit, and the attendant royalties, that’s OK with me. Should offset UMe, The Velvet Underground Corporation, and the estate of Lou Reed suing me :lol:

In all seriousness, I’m surprised that there hasn’t been a bootleg vinyl like this, or at least a bootleg of the Matrix tapes.

iaredatsun
Now jelly rolls in the street

Post by iaredatsun » 01 Jan 2018 02:38

Leaman. Great idea! Thank-you. I have not listened to this album for quite some time and also I could never face the qty of material in the Matrix box. I thought the conciseness and the sequencing of the original Live 1969 2xLP worked well, so this will be interesting to hear and see how it compares to my memory of the album.

I liked the inappropriate weirdness of the original cover and also the air-brush texture technique and the colours so quite like what you have done with it.
underground, overground

leamanc
On the wild side

Post by leamanc » 01 Jan 2018 05:17

iaredatsun wrote:Leaman. Great idea! Thank-you. I have not listened to this album for quite some time and also I could never face the qty of material in the Matrix box. I thought the conciseness and the sequencing of the original Live 1969 2xLP worked well, so this will be interesting to hear and see how it compares to my memory of the album.

I liked the inappropriate weirdness of the original cover and also the air-brush texture technique and the colours so quite like what you have done with it.
Thanks, Simon! You may not remember, but I mentioned this idea to you when The Matrix Tapes came out, and you encouraged me to do it back then. I'm glad I finally got it done. What it really took was a good block of spare time, as getting this "right" was way more tedious than I had anticipated.

I agree with what you said about the original 1969 Live 2xLP vs. The Matrix Tapes box. As much as I love this era and the material, I've never been able to listen to the 4xCD box all in one sitting, and not just because of time constraints. It can be a chore to work your way through four takes of many of the same songs over a five-hour period.

While I used to think my life wouldn't be complete until the day The Matrix Tapes came out, it's pretty clear that they selected the best-of-the-best for the 1969 2xLP back in 1974, give or take a few things that had to go in the interest of getting it to fit on two slabs of vinyl. The best of the rest was released on the third album 45th anniversary 6xCD set.

iaredatsun
Now jelly rolls in the street

Post by iaredatsun » 01 Jan 2018 15:28

leamanc wrote:
Thanks, Simon! You may not remember, but I mentioned this idea to you when The Matrix Tapes came out, and you encouraged me to do it back then. I'm glad I finally got it done. What it really took was a good block of spare time, as getting this "right" was way more tedious than I had anticipated.

I agree with what you said about the original 1969 Live 2xLP vs. The Matrix Tapes box. As much as I love this era and the material, I've never been able to listen to the 4xCD box all in one sitting, and not just because of time constraints. It can be a chore to work your way through four takes of many of the same songs over a five-hour period.

While I used to think my life wouldn't be complete until the day The Matrix Tapes came out, it's pretty clear that they selected the best-of-the-best for the 1969 2xLP back in 1974, give or take a few things that had to go in the interest of getting it to fit on two slabs of vinyl. The best of the rest was released on the third album 45th anniversary 6xCD set.
Well, glad you made it and I think many people will appreciate it.

I also remember saying that had a small VU project. And I still have not done it. Maybe this year :)
underground, overground

pineappleaftermath
Beginning to see the light

Post by pineappleaftermath » 02 Jan 2018 00:37

leamanc wrote:
pineappleaftermath wrote:Huh I can't download disc 1... anyone else having trouble or is it just me?
Just tested it and disc 1 downloaded and unzipped for me OK.
Never mind it worked for me now, guess I just had a bad internet connection. And I do like the cover!

velvetfan
Head held high

Post by velvetfan » 14 Jan 2018 19:37

thanks so much for your hard work. it sounds great! so glad you went with flac.

leamanc
On the wild side

Post by leamanc » 31 Jan 2018 22:07

Glad you like it, velvetfan!

I agree, FLAC is the only way to go for projects like this, especially when improving fidelity over the official release version is the intent.

That said, if anyone doesn't know how to convert FLAC to MP3, or would just like an MP3 or AAC version, I could make those versions available.

dial4
Head held high

Post by dial4 » 01 Feb 2018 20:13

Thanks a lot for this, big amount of work !