Never Get Emotionally Involved With a Man Woman Beast or Child

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
pineappleaftermath
Beginning to see the light

Never Get Emotionally Involved With a Man Woman Beast or Child

Post by pineappleaftermath » 04 Mar 2018 04:57

So Lou's facebook page uploaded a short video yesterday, if you click play and wait a few seconds for the music to start you hear him sing: "never get emotionally involved with a man or a woman or a beast or a child" !!! The fabled never-heard Velvet Underground song! Hopefully this means there are old VU demos in his archives that will be released!

https://www.facebook.com/LouReed/videos ... 364680953/

iaredatsun
Now jelly rolls in the street

Re: Never Get Emotionally Involved With a Man Woman Beast or Child

Post by iaredatsun » 05 Mar 2018 01:02

Amazing. And wow. Sounds like the folk VU demos that were released on PSAS box. I hope this is released soon.
underground, overground

logic
On the wild side

Post by logic » 05 Mar 2018 14:31

Elvis Plebsley
Head held high

Post by Elvis Plebsley » 05 Mar 2018 16:19

It seems that they have found the 'lost' 1965 demo tape that Cale hawked around London. It also implies a release of the tape, perhaps twinned with the Pickwick demos.

Elvis Plebsley
Head held high

It seems that they have found the 'lost' 1965 demo tape that Cale hawked around London. It also implies a release of the tape, perhaps twinned with the Pickwick demos.

Elvis Plebsley
Head held high

Kill Mick
Head held high

Post by Kill Mick » 05 Mar 2018 20:19

Elvis Plebsley wrote:
05 Mar 2018 16:19
What implies that? I couldn't see any reference to it on either the Facebook page or the article about the poetry book?
Keep the faith

Elvis Plebsley
Head held high

Post by Elvis Plebsley » 05 Mar 2018 21:44

Kill Mick wrote:
05 Mar 2018 20:19
What implies that? I couldn't see any reference to it on either the Facebook page or the article about the poetry book?
The fact that they have added a tease of the song to an advert for the book while stating that there are exciting projects in the works implies it could be among those projects. I could easily be wrong. The bit about the Pickwick demos is me speculating wildly and not wording it very well.

Kill Mick
Head held high

Post by Kill Mick » 05 Mar 2018 23:07

Elvis Plebsley wrote:
05 Mar 2018 21:44
Kill Mick wrote:
The fact that they have added a tease of the song to an advert for the book while stating that there are exciting projects in the works implies it could be among those projects. I could easily be wrong. The bit about the Pickwick demos is me speculating wildly and not wording it very well.
Well nothing wrong with a bit of wild speculation! Just hearing a snip of "Emotionally Involved"is a real treat after all these years, and it's not too fanciful to think there'll be some sort of release. It just feels a shame that Lou had to pass away for this stuff to emerge...
Keep the faith

pineappleaftermath
Beginning to see the light

Post by pineappleaftermath » 06 Mar 2018 00:54

Elvis Plebsley wrote:
05 Mar 2018 21:44
Kill Mick wrote:
I assumed the same thing based on the 'exciting projects in the works' thing, but who knows what material they have. They must have known what they were doing with a clip of that song! I remember reading about Lou's archives last year and don't recall anything saying there was a lot of Velvets stuff, but apparently there is something after all. Also Laurie Anderson said she donated everything to the New York Public Library so people would be able to access it, so I hope anything that comes out is freely or at least easily available (although you have to buy the poetry book, so...). Anyway I'm super excited, new (to us) stuff!