Transmission Impossible

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
Wick Pick
Hangin' 'round

Re: Transmission Impossible

Post by Wick Pick » 18 Mar 2018 13:37

I don't see any mention of the missing tracks? Looks like the same old in a different package.

Looking for Men Of Good Fortune, Prominent Men and others. Now that would be an incredible find!

iaredatsun
Now jelly rolls in the street

Post by iaredatsun » 18 Mar 2018 23:37

MJG196 wrote:
17 Mar 2018 18:32
iaredatsun wrote:
17 Mar 2018 12:30
...made available by a well-known member of this forum years ago, and since copied and put out on the ATP CD mentioned. These new bootees will have used the CD or a copy of it as the source.
Rosie Lee? You don't know her!!!
I've always assumed that nobody can really know Rosie Lee. :)
underground, overground

iaredatsun

Post by iaredatsun » 18 Mar 2018 23:41

Wick Pick wrote:
18 Mar 2018 13:37
I don't see any mention of the missing tracks? Looks like the same old in a different package.

Looking for Men Of Good Fortune, Prominent Men and others. Now that would be an incredible find!
Is there another recording of Prominent Men?
underground, overground

Kill Mick
Head held high

Post by Kill Mick » 19 Mar 2018 09:16

iaredatsun wrote:
18 Mar 2018 23:41
Wick Pick wrote:
18 Mar 2018 13:37

If you scroll down to 3 Jan, apparently there is.
http://olivier.landemaine.free.fr/vu/li ... f6566.html
Keep the faith

iaredatsun

Post by iaredatsun » 19 Mar 2018 22:47

Kill Mick wrote:
19 Mar 2018 09:16
iaredatsun wrote:
18 Mar 2018 23:41

I never really noticed that, before. A number of songs missing from all the CDs, even the original Warhol Exhibition CD. I wonder where that list came from?

Some of those songs listed I thought we had but there are track times missing from the list. I can no longer find my Rosie Lee FLACs to check.

I also now remember all the discussion about the lineage of the Warhol Tapes/Rosie Lee/Dispatches file. And you were there talking about it, so maybe you are right and there is the possibility of better versions!
underground, overground

Kill Mick
Head held high

Post by Kill Mick » 19 Mar 2018 23:15

iaredatsun wrote:
19 Mar 2018 22:47
Kill Mick wrote:
19 Mar 2018 09:16

I never really noticed that, before. A number of songs missing from all the CDs, even the original Warhol Exhibition CD. I wonder where that list came from?

Some of those songs listed I thought we had but there are track times missing from the list. I can no longer find my Rosie Lee FLACs to check.

I also now remember all the discussion about the lineage of the Warhol Tapes/Rosie Lee/Dispatches file. And you were there talking about it, so maybe you are right and there is the possibility of better versions!
Ha, yes I was re-reading that thread myself yesterday!
Sadly, if there are better versions out there, it looks like we're not going to get them on Transmission Impossible. Checking the track times listed on Amazon they pretty much exactly match those from the At The Factory: Warhol Tapes bootleg, which was itself sourced from the Rosie Lee files. If they were from a different source I'd expect the track times to correspond to the original Warhol Exhibition CD, which are different.
Keep the faith

Wick Pick
Hangin' 'round

Post by Wick Pick » 20 Mar 2018 11:59

Maybe the Lou Reed archive has access to the full original tapes...
Of recordings known to exist, hearing an early version of Men Of Good Fortune has to be one of the ones I most want to hear.

Also, I wanted to note, given that they include the song title of any little riff that gets played like Day Tripper and Run Run Run, which I don't even hear at all, at the very beginning Sterling plays the riff to Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams on electric guitar, giving the tiniest snippet of how good that song would've sounded recorded for the first album.