Pre-order VU Radio rehearsal?? Just rehash?

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
velvetfan
Head held high

Pre-order VU Radio rehearsal?? Just rehash?

Post by velvetfan » 03 Nov 2018 09:26

Anybody know what this is? I assume another rehash because I have never heard of a factory rehearsal or radio broadcast. https://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo. ... tyle=music
This is the posted description. "New York Rehearsal 1966 CD music Description
A rehearsal in 1966 of The Velvet Underground was broadcast live on a local NYC radio station, this recording is now a legendary piece of musical history that every fan of the extraordinary VU will want to hear. Providing a sense of quite how the seismic Velvets' debut album of 1967 came to be, this recording is now available on CD for the first time."

maybe the "At The Factory Warhol Tapes" repackaged? This website portrays it like an official release.

MJG196
Born to Lose

Re: Pre-order VU Radio rehearsal?? Just rehash?

Post by MJG196 » 03 Nov 2018 13:43

Definitely a bootleg label.

Check what the DISCOGS submitter wrote: “Cover and side has title 'NEW YORK REHEARSAL 1966', but when imported to a media player the title is revealed to be 'At The Factory : Warhol Tapes' ”
Bargain bin gold, favorite bands, concerts, photos, and my record collection: All Good Music

velvetfan
Head held high

Re: Pre-order VU Radio rehearsal?? Just rehash?

Post by velvetfan » 03 Nov 2018 19:48

wow! I had a good guess; even without track listings. Nowadays it looks like many bootlegs are being sold at many outlets as legit releases. Greedy! I am glad I have finally, after almost 50 years of collecting, gotten over my completist obsession to own every single VU/Lou item. I don't have the money and it just can't be done. It is relieving to not have anxiety from hunting the Internet for hours a day hunting for new and missing items. also trying to gather enough cash to buy them all. I can actually relax and enjoy listening the countless recordings that I already own.