Piero Heliczer documentary available to stream

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
Mark
Head held high

Piero Heliczer documentary available to stream

Post by Mark » 22 Mar 2021 09:22

The Piero Heliczer documentary 'The Invisible Father', made by his daughter Therese, is streaming for the next few days as part of the Female Eye film festival. Cale is interviewed briefly but aside from that it's well worth watching imo. Fascinating character who played a very underrated and under-explored role in the VU's early career, and in so many other things.

The link is only supposed to work if you're in Canada but there are ways around that with the right browser plugins...

https://youtu.be/oCe6Jw4Nq50
8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

iaredatsun
Now jelly rolls in the street

Re: Piero Heliczer documentary available to stream

Post by iaredatsun » 23 Mar 2021 15:35

Thanks. I do wish I could see this. But I'm loath to download the dodgy-looking plugin that claimed to enable me to view from another country's IP address.
underground, overground

Mark
Head held high

Post by Mark » 23 Mar 2021 16:22

I used an IP plugin for Firefox that seemed to do the job. Just get rid of it afterwards and wash your hands!
8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

iaredatsun
Now jelly rolls in the street

Post by iaredatsun » 23 Mar 2021 23:21

Mark wrote:
23 Mar 2021 16:22
I used an IP plugin for Firefox that seemed to do the job. Just get rid of it afterwards and wash your hands!
My Opera browser has built-in VPN that allows emulation of an American continent IP. But youtube still did not deliver up the video. The next stage was to download and install a mystery executable that might perhaps offer a Canadian-specific IP. But that's where I thought I had better stop.
underground, overground