Banana to sue

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
bradski
Head held high

Banana to sue

Post by bradski » 28 Aug 2021 08:37

https://newsthump.com/2021/08/26/banana ... bum-cover/

"Lawyers for The Velvet Underground said the band planned to a-peel"
any sounds that we feel would detract from the performance has been left in place

Driven Insane
Hangin' 'round

Re: Banana to sue

Post by Driven Insane » 28 Aug 2021 09:44

Very funny !

But let's not laugh about it - it came come true one of these days !

MJG196
Born to Lose

Post by MJG196 » 29 Aug 2021 17:38

This has to be written as a response to Nirvana Sued Over Album Cover 30 Years After Release.

Spencer Elden, who is now 30-years-old, was photographed as a nude baby on the Nirvana album, and has now decided to sue the band, after making allegations that he was sexually exploited.

“The images exposed Spencer’s intimate body part and lasciviously displayed Spencer’s genitals from the time he was an infant to the present day.”

The presence of the banknote, which was reportedly “superimposed after the photograph was taken” presents the baby as “a sex worker,” says Robert Y. Lewis, who is Elden’s Lawyer.

And here's one of the best lines: “[When] I go to a baseball game and think about it: ‘Man, everybody at this baseball game has probably seen my little baby penis,’ I feel like I got part of my human rights revoked.”
Bargain bin gold, favorite bands, concerts, photos, and my record collection: All Good Music

Driven Insane
Hangin' 'round

Post by Driven Insane » 29 Aug 2021 19:29

Yes, that Nirvana album should have been sold inside a brown paper bag, just like they did in '68 with John & Yoko's "Two Virgins".