NEW VU CONTENT...

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
camforrester
Hangin' 'round

NEW VU CONTENT...

Post by camforrester » 22 Jun 2022 14:59

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know, I've got some exciting new VU-related content in progress!
Some of you are already aware that my equipment situation (since even way before the Moe documentary) has been far from ideal...well, it took an even more dismal turn last month, as my old MacBook finally blew up after 12 years service!
Thankfully though, my brother VERY generously bought me a new one for my 30th birthday recently, and I'm now back and getting creative!

I've got several new FULL song videos (in a 'Performance-Tutorial-Background' format, similar to my previous 'Venus In Furs' video but in reverse) almost finished, which I'll be uploading in the coming weeks and I'm sure you will all enjoy, plus I will also look to begin working towards a short documentary on Sterling Morrison as previously mentioned (thanks again to those who contributed contact details for potential interview subjects etc., I have made a list and will be reaching out soon!), plus various other discussion videos.

Until then, some of you may recall (...or not it was about 15 years ago, just before I left high school!) a very popular music video edit for 'White Light/White Heat' on YouTube that disappeared...it consisted of cut & synced footage from the '66 Warhol Factory film, and was made by myself.
For a time it was one of the most-viewed VU music videos on YouTube, but I was forced to remove it due to copyright claims (this was long before YouTube was as prominent and well-resourced as it is now, and as such copyright claims were a serious issue until they established proper processes for royalty distribution)...Well, I've revamped it into a much better quality version, containing more varied footage (some shamelessly pinched from the recent Haynes documentary!), that should now be there to stay.

Enjoy, and keep an eye on the channel!
All the best,
Cam x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK9Kz0E5G5E

Driven Insane
Hangin' 'round

Re: NEW VU CONTENT...

Post by Driven Insane » 22 Jun 2022 16:51

camforrester wrote:
22 Jun 2022 14:59
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know, I've got some exciting new VU-related content in progress!
Some of you are already aware that my equipment situation (since even way before the Moe documentary) has been far from ideal...well, it took an even more dismal turn last month, as my old MacBook finally blew up after 12 years service!
Thankfully though, my brother VERY generously bought me a new one for my 30th birthday recently, and I'm now back and getting creative!

I've got several new FULL song videos (in a 'Performance-Tutorial-Background' format, similar to my previous 'Venus In Furs' video but in reverse) almost finished, which I'll be uploading in the coming weeks and I'm sure you will all enjoy, plus I will also look to begin working towards a short documentary on Sterling Morrison as previously mentioned (thanks again to those who contributed contact details for potential interview subjects etc., I have made a list and will be reaching out soon!), plus various other discussion videos.

Until then, some of you may recall (...or not it was about 15 years ago, just before I left high school!) a very popular music video edit for 'White Light/White Heat' on YouTube that disappeared...it consisted of cut & synced footage from the '66 Warhol Factory film, and was made by myself.
For a time it was one of the most-viewed VU music videos on YouTube, but I was forced to remove it due to copyright claims (this was long before YouTube was as prominent and well-resourced as it is now, and as such copyright claims were a serious issue until they established proper processes for royalty distribution)...Well, I've revamped it into a much better quality version, containing more varied footage (some shamelessly pinched from the recent Haynes documentary!), that should now be there to stay.

Enjoy, and keep an eye on the channel!
All the best,
Cam x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK9Kz0E5G5E
Great video. Thank you and congratulations !

Looking forward to the documentary on Sterling.

peppergomez
Head held high

Post by peppergomez » 22 Jun 2022 17:02

Great video, thanks for creating and sharing!

camforrester
Hangin' 'round

Post by camforrester » 22 Jun 2022 17:49

Thanks guys! I'll continue to post new uploads in this thread, as they come...

camforrester
Hangin' 'round

Post by camforrester » 22 Jun 2022 19:01

***RE-UPLOADED***
Discovered a couple of faults that I've since corrected!
New Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dbEF-YyEnw

camforrester
Hangin' 'round

Post by camforrester » 28 Jun 2022 11:43

Guess I'm Falling In Love - The Velvet Underground (Live At The Boston Tea Party, 1967)

-Audio level stabilised. Despite the poor audio quality, you can just about make out Reed singing "I got a fever, in my pocket, yeah, down to my shoes, hey babe (ah), I guess I'm falling in love. I got a hand calling forty-five times to ya, on the phone, whoa babe, I guess I'm falling in love..." - lyrics which appear to be unique to this performance, when compared to all other existing recordings of the song.

A full tutorial of this song is coming VERY soon (along with others too!), so keep an eye on the channel folks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr3LuS7aleY

iaredatsun
Now jelly rolls in the street

Post by iaredatsun » 28 Jun 2022 15:04

camforrester wrote:
28 Jun 2022 11:43
Guess I'm Falling In Love - The Velvet Underground (Live At The Boston Tea Party, 1967)

-Audio level stabilised. Despite the poor audio quality, you can just about make out Reed singing "I got a fever, in my pocket, yeah, down to my shoes, hey babe (ah), I guess I'm falling in love. I got a hand calling forty-five times to ya, on the phone, whoa babe, I guess I'm falling in love..." - lyrics which appear to be unique to this performance, when compared to all other existing recordings of the song.

A full tutorial of this song is coming VERY soon (along with others too!), so keep an eye on the channel folks!

Very nice job. Can you do anything with any of the other songs on that film? There's some music between 7:55 and 14:40 that may include Walk It and Talk it, and possibly I Heard Her Call my Name (although Sterling Morrison says they never played that one live). Some people have tried to write set lists based on the film soundtrack, but there is a lot of guess work in the middle.
underground, overground

Driven Insane
Hangin' 'round

Post by Driven Insane » 28 Jun 2022 20:52

camforrester wrote:

Cool clip. Thank you.

camforrester
Hangin' 'round

Post by camforrester » 29 Jun 2022 15:05

Indeed I certainly don't hear I Heard Her Call My Name anywhere in there, I think that's definitely an incorrect guess, although in fairness some of the cuts are so abrupt it's hard to tell what's going on. I will need to re-visit the film and have a close listen to confirm, but I'm quite sure there were a few seconds of what sounded like an upbeat version of 'It's Alright, The Way That You Live', I could be remembering this wrong, but it was a chord progression I recognised but hadn't heard in a full band setting before. I'll let you know what I find after I've had a chance to revisit it...
iaredatsun wrote:
28 Jun 2022 15:04
camforrester wrote:

Very nice job. Can you do anything with any of the other songs on that film? There's some music between 7:55 and 14:40 that may include Walk It and Talk it, and possibly I Heard Her Call my Name (although Sterling Morrison says they never played that one live). Some people have tried to write set lists based on the film soundtrack, but there is a lot of guess work in the middle.

peppergomez
Head held high

Post by peppergomez » 29 Jun 2022 16:48

That film was such a missed opportunity