Your Favorite Velvet Underground Song

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
tarbaby

Post by tarbaby » 27 Jan 2005 03:25

anybody know where / how i can get hold of some of those EPI jams? i'd love to have / hear them.

Chance
Head held high

Post by Chance » 28 Jan 2005 01:54

tarbaby wrote:anybody know where / how i can get hold of some of those EPI jams? i'd love to have / hear them.
You can probably find 'em on the file sharing circuit. I'd help you out with some CD-Rs but I've got a bunch of stuff to burn for people at the moment. But you can give me a shout in a couple of weeks if you're still looking.
"For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Saffie
Hangin' 'round

Post by Saffie » 02 Feb 2005 06:33

Black Angel's Death Song

obscure
Hangin' 'round

Post by obscure » 02 Feb 2005 08:07

When I first discovered the Velvet Underground (via "The Best of the Velvet Underground: Words and Music of Lou Reed", an unfair title if you ask me), I instantly fell in love with 'Beginning To See The Light' and so for while, before I brought any of the 'proper' albums, that was my favourite, but now I have the albums proper, my mind has changed (slightly). I really can't narrow it down to just one song, so I will have to pick one song each from the first three albums (I'm not a fan of Loaded, sorry), and even picking one song from each album is proving difficult because I love so much... I could easily just say every track from WL/WH, and most of the tracks from the 'banana' album, haha... anyway, here goes... (this is hard! I reserve the right to change my mind at any time!)

VU and Nico - Venus In Furs
White Light/White Heat - Sister Ray
The Velvet Underground - The Murder Mystery
from the live boots - Melody Laughter
Coming soon to this location: charming ruins