Velvet Underground closest match

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
kaisersose
Hangin' 'round

Velvet Underground closest match

Post by kaisersose » 13 Apr 2007 06:11

The Keggs 45 to find out on orbit records(back from the grave vol.2:play it loud & let me know if you can find any other band that sounds so close to the Velvets.(1966) :shock: :shock: :shock:
GOT MY EYES WIDE OPEN

GroovyMusic
On Another PlaNET

Post by GroovyMusic » 16 Jun 2007 21:00

How does this song sound like The Velvet Underground?

PoopymusicA

Post by PoopymusicA » 17 Jun 2007 20:15

I am very fast to criticize your opinion! You are very wrong and were so silly to even dream that song sounds anything like the VU. It is lossless as well. Muy estupido.

kaisersose
Hangin' 'round

Post by kaisersose » 17 Jun 2007 20:50

Yeah you are very fast.Maybe you should play it again turn up the volume & listen again to the sound of the drums, the way the guy sings & the wild guitar .This happened in 1965 before Moe started bangin on the cans,they didnt copy the Velvets as dozens of bands did after ,but they can remind their sound in a very impressive way & this happened before the Velvet ever entered in the studio.I'm not comparing the 2 bands but just pointing it out. the Keggs single is one of the best 60's garage punk single ever recorded.By the way if you play the b side "girl" it sound a lot like a Johnatan Richman's Modern Lovers ballad. Isnt it funny? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
GOT MY EYES WIDE OPEN

PoopyMusica

Post by PoopyMusica » 18 Jun 2007 13:05

I only listen to Groovymusica. He is the only person worth listening to on the entire forum. All of the rest of you listen to lossless music and look at lossy pictures. I laugh at you.

kaisersose
Hangin' 'round

Post by kaisersose » 18 Jun 2007 14:24

May the baby Jesus shut your mouth & open your mind :lol: :lol: :lol:
GOT MY EYES WIDE OPEN