Raro Symphony DVD

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
Elvis Plebsley
Head held high

Raro Symphony DVD

Post by Elvis Plebsley » 26 Aug 2004 11:31

Looks like Rarovideo will be releasing "Symphony of Sound" on dvd after all - it's part of a double bill with the Warhol film "Vinyl".

simonm
Head held high

Post by simonm » 26 Aug 2004 14:42

Great news (as long as the price is ok)
"Vinyl" is pretty watchable too (well, I like it anyway)

rockadelic76
Beginning to see the light

Re: Raro Symphony DVD

Post by rockadelic76 » 27 Aug 2004 10:30

Elvis Plebsley wrote:Looks like Rarovideo will be releasing "Symphony of Sound" on dvd after all - it's part of a double bill with the Warhol film "Vinyl".

It was released a year or two ago by Raro as a single DVD. I got a copy from a friend and ripped my own VCD from the dvd, and no I still dont have a dvd burner yet.............

I was quite glad to get that dvd and FINNALY have a complete version with a fantastic picture/sound after what seems like years of haveing bits and parts of it as downloaded mpg files. the best part is the first 5 min that has all the close-ups of Nico, well thats my fav part anyway.

yes the dvd picture quality looks like it's from the orig 16mm film print. the first title on screen is 'Andy Warhol's Velvet Underground & Nico' in red letters and then the MOMA title is in black & white. if you look closely at Nico's lips you can see her say to Ari "he was my boyfriend, he was my boyfriend before" as Ari is looking at Lou and must have asked her about him.

http://www.rarovideo.com/schede/chelsea_dvd.htm

jimjim
Head held high

Post by jimjim » 27 Aug 2004 10:40

Wow! Well spotted rockadelic! Must go back & check it for that!
"If anyone had a heart
They wouldn't turn around & break it
And if anyone played a part
They wouldn't turn around & fake it"
Lou Reed, 'Sweet Jane', 1970