Rare, Rarest and Most Expensive VU items

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
velvetfan
Head held high

Re: Rare, Rarest and Most Expensive VU items

Post by velvetfan » 29 Jan 2009 15:20

Here is a question, I have 2 of the "Everything..." 3lp box sets. One with silkscreen banana and one deluxe with extra single and peelable banana. My peelable banana looks almost like a paper banana. I see there is a deluxe one on eBay now and it looks like the peelable banana is vinyl, like on the PSAS. Does anybody else have a deluxe set and what is your banana like; what's it made of? If there are 2 different deluxe sets, which is more rare? Thanks
ps I recently got the 20.6.93 BERLIN - DIE HALLE myself (about a year ago) and was thrilled because it was the only missing VU bootleg from my collection; cd and lp.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0336031210 :?:

alfredovu
Head held high

Post by alfredovu » 29 Jan 2009 16:15

velvetfan wrote: Does anybody else have a deluxe set and what is your banana like; what's it made of? If there are 2 different deluxe sets, which is more rare? Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0336031210 :?:
Glossy paper banana? I will say mine is that.

But also the color of the letters. On this seems to be kind of orange. Form top of my head mine are yellow ... but need to check it.

bobbldr
Head held high

Post by bobbldr » 29 Jan 2009 16:21

Mine has the glossy paper banana, yellow lettering, all inserts, counterfeit Nico 45.

velvetfan
Head held high

Post by velvetfan » 29 Jan 2009 17:36

Thanks guys, but nevermind; memory is crazy. After reading your replies, I went and dug out my copies. My peelable banana looks just like the one in the ebay ad. I knew there was something odd and that was why I got it so cheap. The ebay ad was in the box. The Nico counterfiet 45rpm is missing and the stem of the banana is not sticking to the box but is still there. I don't know why I seemed to remember the banana as a thin peice of green paper banana but it's not. It is a shiny yellow paper banana. I wonder if I'm getting dementia? If I am, maybe I will think I own EVERYTHING and I can quit collecting?! :roll:
but....now I need to locate a Nico 45rpm to put in the box!....

alfredovu
Head held high

Post by alfredovu » 29 Jan 2009 20:33

velvetfan wrote:If I am, maybe I will think I own EVERYTHING and I can quit collecting?! :roll:
EVERYTHING??? NEVER ... THERE SHOULD BE ALWAYS SOMETHING TO FIND FOR AS THE "COMPLETIST".

By the way, how rare you consider the USA Close-Cut peelable bananas? I would say that it is an scarce item...

velvetfan
Head held high

Post by velvetfan » 01 Feb 2009 17:57

alfredovu wrote:
velvetfan wrote:If I am, maybe I will think I own EVERYTHING and I can quit collecting?! :roll:
EVERYTHING??? NEVER ... THERE SHOULD BE ALWAYS SOMETHING TO FIND FOR AS THE "COMPLETIST".

By the way, how rare you consider the USA Close-Cut peelable bananas? I would say that it is an scarce item...
Indeed it is. In fact for years I assumed that the close cut banana referred to other reissues like the Japanese banana and so on; I know I am missing a copy of the 1969 reissue with close cut banana and can't remember last time I saw one up for sale. Yes, pretty rare.

Oh, I recently got a real odd item that I think is rare and I got it pretty cheap $8.87 from a Swiss seller. I don't know when it is from but seemed like a very cool item, especially for price.

Sampler - COM 2 - 7inch 33 rpm - DJ/Promo - pressing = ? - year = ?

A-side: Yardbirds Only LA Appearance / Velvet Underground At The Trip / Action USA New Years Eve / Monkees First Cal. Show / Male M1 Shop / Flaming Fire Races

B-side: Sounds For The Sun Set / Revolution! / Back To School / Doors And Staple Singers / The New Cream / Iron Ban

Condition of record: VG+ Condition of label: Clean Condition of cover: -

Rare 7inch mini LP featuring original commercial cuts of some legendary 60's Bands

alfredovu
Head held high

Post by alfredovu » 02 Feb 2009 12:51

Close cut Banana
I bough my copy from Mike years ago. He told me was tought to find those and I have never seen one on offer after I got mine!
couple of weeks ago I got a White (not promo) MGM-Verve circles label w/printed banana. Nice label.

Promo 7"
I have this 7". Olivier has it listed on the Bootleg section. My copy has a price sticker : $3.00. It was a gift from Mike as a bonus from one of his auctions

velvetfan
Head held high

Post by velvetfan » 02 Feb 2009 15:11

alfredovu wrote:Close cut Banana
I bough my copy from Mike years ago. He told me was tought to find those and I have never seen one on offer after I got mine!
couple of weeks ago I got a White (not promo) MGM-Verve circles label w/printed banana. Nice label.

Promo 7"
I have this 7". Olivier has it listed on the Bootleg section. My copy has a price sticker : $3.00. It was a gift from Mike as a bonus from one of his auctions
Now I KNOW my memory is getting bad. I have seen that before! I am on Olivers site every day for something or other; how did that get past me? I didn't have it, so it is good to have, and the price is ok, not amazing, but ok. I search eBay worldwide everyday for VU & Lou, check goldmine and so on and I guess sometimes I just overload. At least i didn't spend money on a duplicate; something I assume others have done also. Tks Alfredo

feelingfresh
On the wild side

Post by feelingfresh » 02 Feb 2009 17:22

Would anyone be interested in selling their copy of Everything You've Ever Heard...?

simonm
Head held high

Post by simonm » 04 Feb 2009 11:54

Copies of the ordinary edition (without nico 45) are on ebay regularly...