Amazing and amusing VU reviews...!!

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
Homme Fatale
Head held high

Amazing and amusing VU reviews...!!

Post by Homme Fatale » 23 Mar 2004 16:07

Check out this page with some guy's really negative reviews of the VU's albums. I'm not entirely sure if this is for real (sometimes he goes so over the top, then again other times he seems honest like with Loaded and Another View). Either way, even with all the writer's ignorance this stuff makes for truly amusing reading. He starts the whole thing off with stating "I really hate this band." :lol: And it goes from there... Here's a few quotes:

VU & Nico: "...I honestly don't give a crap if I never have to hear this record again."

WL/WH: "It ["Sister Ray"] sounds like The Monkees trying to be a wild psychedelic band."

VU: "...don't expect the "quality" you've come to associate with this "groundbreaking," "legendary," and "really interesting" rock and roll band."

Squeeze: "Boasting all the excitement and mystique of The Doors' Other Voices and The New Improved Electric Prunes' Just Good Old Rock And Roll, Squeeze refashions NYC's favorite overrated mopey drug addict poseur outfit into a barrelling powerhouse of bouncy novelty country-rock songs."

Chance
Head held high

Post by Chance » 25 Mar 2004 07:07

I tell you, even better than the reviews are the readers comments in response to the reviews. "Anybody who doesn't like the Velvet Underground is an ignorant prick," writes one guy. Too funny. :D "As for those who say 'they are the best band ever!!!!' give yourself a year or two and you'll find out how wrong you were without exception." "Wow it's pretty bad that the only way i can listen to this record now is if i smoke weed." "It's friggin' cool, dude (especially the viola noise, man, that ROCKS)!"
"For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Homme Fatale
Head held high

Post by Homme Fatale » 25 Mar 2004 12:44

Oh dear... I went on to check out his homepage where I noticed he's "reviewed" Lou's solo output as well... "Fag album for fags who screw each other in the rear" and the like. :roll: I don't know what this guy's motive for doing these reviews is but having seen that entire list of artists he's "reviewed" this site is starting to seem more than just a little psychotic...