IWTFM - a new piece of trivia - Buzzcocks

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
threechordwonder
Head held high

Re: IWTFM - a new piece of trivia - Buzzcocks

Post by threechordwonder » 22 Mar 2015 11:07

Spotted ... MMM on UK Radio 4.

A brief extract was played on Radio 4 show "Something Understood", a show with a spiritual theme. The speaker (Justin Champion) compared the sound bombardment inside an MRI scanner with MMM, and I would not disagree.

This episode was broadcast on 15/3/2015 so the link will expire in three weeks or so http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b055dtts.

threechordwonder
Head held high

Re: IWTFM - a new piece of trivia - Buzzcocks

Post by threechordwonder » 25 Jan 2018 11:09

For the record, these are old references but show the Velvet Underground is now being mined for quiz show questions (in th UK at least). I'm sorry if you don't know the various rules but I will not explain them.

The Only Connect connecting wall featured Reed, Cale, Morrson and Tucker as a group of four. Tucker was the red herring and could have belonged to the Grange Hill group.

Comedian/actor Ardal O'Hanlon answered two minutes of questions about the Velvets on Celebrity Mastermind. What were the questions? Don't know, err, pass.

Celebrity Pointless had a round about musicians who left or were fired from their bands. "Welsh multi-instrumentalist fired from the Velvet Underground, intials JC" was answered by John Cooper-Clarke and scored something like six points. The presenter then said Cale trained as a 'cellist.