THE VELVET UNDERGROUND IN BOSTON

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
alfredovu
Head held high

THE VELVET UNDERGROUND IN BOSTON

Post by alfredovu » 01 Mar 2010 18:28

I AM POSTING THIS GREAT NEWS IN THE NAME OF TAXINE :wink: (WHO IS HAVING SOME PROBLEMS WITH HIS COMPUTER...)

http://www.warhol.org/calendar/events_d ... entID=1831

bleach
Head held high

Re: THE VELVET UNDERGROUND IN BOSTON

Post by bleach » 01 Mar 2010 18:38

Great news about 'The Velvet Underground in Boston (1967)' - i nearly posted about that recently because I read the terms and conditions of the grant that the Warhol Foundation got for restoration of the footage (& sound?) and it stated that it has to be available for the public to see so knew it would surface for viewing at some point soon, whether a more general ahem copy becomes available may be a different story...

schnittstelle
Head held high

Post by schnittstelle » 01 Mar 2010 19:11

That's good news! :D

velvetfan
Head held high

Post by velvetfan » 03 Mar 2010 01:05

bleach wrote:Great news about 'The Velvet Underground in Boston (1967)' - i nearly posted about that recently because I read the terms and conditions of the grant that the Warhol Foundation got for restoration of the footage (& sound?) and it stated that it has to be available for the public to see so knew it would surface for viewing at some point soon, whether a more general ahem copy becomes available may be a different story...
Let's hope those mischievous little devils who sit in theaters with video cams will attend! :wink: :wink:

bleach
Head held high

Post by bleach » 03 Mar 2010 13:07

velvetfan wrote:
bleach wrote:Great news about 'The Velvet Underground in Boston (1967)' - i nearly posted about that recently because I read the terms and conditions of the grant that the Warhol Foundation got for restoration of the footage (& sound?) and it stated that it has to be available for the public to see so knew it would surface for viewing at some point soon, whether a more general ahem copy becomes available may be a different story...
Let's hope those mischievous little devils who sit in theaters with video cams will attend! :wink: :wink:
Date: Mar 28, 2010 daily until Mar 26, 2017
:lol: Well we only have 7 yrs in which to make this happen..MG get that camcorder ready for action!

taxine
Head held high

Post by taxine » 03 Mar 2010 18:15

Just copy and paste from Olivier's page :

August 11-12, 1967
The Boston Tea Party, Boston, Massachusetts

Film: The Velvet Underground In Boston by Andy Warhol, color, sound, 16 mm, 33 minutes. Andy Warhol Museum film preserved through the Avant-Garde Masters Grants (2008). Andy Warhol filmed this weekend in Boston. According to The Andy Warhol Museum, there are some film canisters labled Boston Tea Party but the film has not been seen.

Oh my God this is a pure TRESURE !!!

Art: F. Murphy. Reproduced in c/o The Velvet Underground catalogue (p. 53); in The Velvet Underground - New York Art (p. 202).
But there are no stars in New York sky, they're all on the ground.
This is the place where she lay her head when she went to bed at night....

allvoxman

Post by allvoxman » 06 Mar 2010 13:41

OK, only 3 weeks for the premiere... This is fuckin awesome :mrgreen:

tikky
Beginning to see the light

Post by tikky » 29 Mar 2010 20:52

i know someone must have gone to this ! any word of whats to be seen?

blackemperor67

Post by blackemperor67 » 01 Apr 2010 00:35

The premiere for "The Velvet Underground In Boston" is now apparently scheduled for April 30th according to The Museum website...

http://www.warhol.org/calendar/events_d ... entID=1876

Someone please spend ten bucks and record this somehow!!! Would go myself but I'm in the UK so no dice.... :(

velvetfan
Head held high

Post by velvetfan » 22 Apr 2010 17:25

blackemperor67 wrote:The premiere for "The Velvet Underground In Boston" is now apparently scheduled for April 30th according to The Museum website...

http://www.warhol.org/calendar/events_d ... entID=1876

Someone please spend ten bucks and record this somehow!!! Would go myself but I'm in the UK so no dice.... :(
The time is close......I hope someone is going with their Flipcam at least. I want to see this! :shock: :shock: