Animal Serenade

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
arjan
I'm Set Free

Animal Serenade

Post by arjan » 26 Mar 2004 10:15

Anyone heard the album yet? I think it's somewhat of a disappointment. Although all musicians, including Lou, are great, I think his live singing here is not for me. Which is too bad, and I really liked his singing on Perfect Night.

lostblues
Head held high

Post by lostblues » 27 Mar 2004 01:29

Actually this release is something I am not interested in that much. Same goes for Raven. I really love Lou. Ecstacy was a bit so and so. But after that?! Tai Chi?! I dunno...... This stuff wasn´t meant to get in touch with me.... At least the fun is on Lou´s side! :D

Homme Fatale
Head held high

Post by Homme Fatale » 27 Mar 2004 13:59

I'm very interested in hearing how he handles the old stuff this time around. I think the set list is very interesting... I'm hoping for the best and fearing the worst. I haven't heard it yet.

aerolls

Post by aerolls » 08 May 2004 14:46

Actually, I really think it's a beuatiful live album, overall. The band has a tight feel, a very intimate recording. Love Antony's version of "Candy Says" way better than Dougie. There are more positives than negatives. I was expecting the worst but after reading the majority of the reviews, fairly positive, I gave it a chance.
"between thought and expression
let us now kiss the culprit"

Post by Guest » 21 May 2004 13:47

One of the things that drew me to the VU is the wonderful meld of Lou's guitar and John's viola. Anytime I could here something similar like Dylan's Rolling Thunder period, I loved it. In this album, it's basically Mike's guitar and Jane's violin that knocks me out. It's not Lou and John but then they're one of a kind.