The Velvet Underground & Nico - misprint?

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
pamfletty

The Velvet Underground & Nico - misprint?

Post by pamfletty » 29 Nov 2010 12:13

Hello,

Yesterday, i bought the Velvet Underground & Nico lp at a record fair. It's a japanese pressing (on the frontcover, The Velvet Underground & Nico is translated beneath the title in japanese characters, between brackets). It's a Verve Records pressing. I believe it's a reissue, altough i'm not sure, can't find a date anywhere.
The thing is, when i got home and actually took a look at the record, i noticed that there is a label-misprint. Instead of two different labels (one for side a and one for side b), on both sides of the record it says Side A (with the tracklist for that side). The record itself is correct, meaning it really are two different sides (so you can listen to all the songs, and not just only side A). Just the label for Side B is not there. Does anyone know what i'm talking about? I did some research on the internet but could't find anything about it. Is this a well-known misprint? I'm curious about it!

Thanx!

bradski
Head held high

Re: The Velvet Underground & Nico - misprint?

Post by bradski » 30 Nov 2010 13:16

Labels on vinyl records can often get mispressed. I've got some where the label is pressed over the playing surface.... some as you describe where the labels are either reversed or duplicated..... some where 2 or more paper labels are pressed on top of each other. These things happen in a factory environment. They aren't worth anything I don't think.
any sounds that we feel would detract from the performance has been left in place

bulldogfrank

Re: The Velvet Underground & Nico - misprint?

Post by bulldogfrank » 04 Jul 2019 17:27

I've got a U.S. press with only B sides. 🤔
We must be long lost brothers! 😂