The Velvet Forum version 2.0 - READ.

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
BlueTyson
Hangin' 'round

Post by BlueTyson » 15 Mar 2007 09:54

popups? this site has pop-ups?

when did this happen?

are they annoying - I've heard this is often the case.

I've not seen any verdammt popups here. Mind you, I'm using Firefox.
Eno is the onE

arjan
I'm Set Free

Post by arjan » 15 Mar 2007 10:22

GroovyMusic wrote:Linking two pages together could probably be done--by the right person--within minutes...
We're actually already linked from Olivier's VU Web page - it's the very first listing on his link pages. I don't think you could really ask for more as they are separate projects run by separate (if mutually sympathetic) people.
BlueTyson wrote:popups
They're only there when you use the .tk URL, it's part of the "free domain name" scheme. If you're using the direct waw.pl URL (which the .tk domain simply directly refers to), there's no popups.

GroovyMusic
On Another PlaNET

Post by GroovyMusic » 15 Mar 2007 15:10

arjan wrote:
GroovyMusic wrote:Linking two pages together could probably be done--by the right person--within minutes...
We're actually already linked from Olivier's VU Web page - it's the very first listing on his link pages. I don't think you could really ask for more as they are separate projects run by separate (if mutually sympathetic) people.
olandem: I wish you'd feature the forum on your site so more people would know about it

GroovyMusic
On Another PlaNET

Post by GroovyMusic » 02 Apr 2007 11:03

If you use Opera, it automatically skips the dot tk advertising screen.

Soozie

Post by Soozie » 06 May 2007 05:16

"Welcome to the new, improved and banner and pop-up ad free version of The Velvet Forum!"

Erm...have I misread something here? I see a banner and pop-ups, and the back button doesn't work. Every time I finished reading a thread I have to click the big link at the top to take me back to the main forum page.

My first visit, and probably my last....

GroovyMusic
On Another PlaNET

Post by GroovyMusic » 06 May 2007 05:43

Soozie wrote:"Welcome to the new, improved and banner and pop-up ad free version of The Velvet Forum!"

Erm...have I misread something here? I see a banner and pop-ups, and the back button doesn't work. Every time I finished reading a thread I have to click the big link at the top to take me back to the main forum page.

My first visit, and probably my last....
You can get around all the BS by using this URL:

http://www.velvetforum.com/

Bookmark it

Soozie

Post by Soozie » 06 May 2007 16:17

That clears the pop-ups, but now threads take anything between 10 and 30 seconds to open after clicking the subject!

This isn't a board that can be easily browsed, so I'll be seeing ya....

oh really?

Post by oh really? » 06 May 2007 17:46

so groovy, your gonna continue on this board by conversing with yourself on this thread?

Can it really be believed that anyone with an interest in the VU would be put off by the apparent slow loading times on a thread? Are they off to one of the many alternative boards?

I'd really thought that groovy was gone :(

GroovyMusic
On Another PlaNET

Post by GroovyMusic » 06 May 2007 19:37

Soozie isn't me

MJG196
Born to Lose

Re: The Velvet Forum version 2.0 - READ.

Post by MJG196 » 19 Nov 2016 16:55

Is it possible to put the "View Posts Since Last Visit" button back?
Bargain bin gold, favorite bands, concerts, photos, and my record collection: All Good Music