Need opinions on Velvets third album 'closet mix'

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
Homme Fatale
Head held high

Re: GERMAN CD

Post by Homme Fatale » 27 Apr 2004 13:10

alfredovu wrote:HOMME FATALE WROTE:
Try and track down the first German CD of the album or better yet a vinyl version with the Valentin mix. You might wanna refer to Olivier's site for details on which is which and what's what.

JUST TO POINT OUT THAT THE FIRST GERMAN ISSUE OF THE ALBUM CARRIES LOU "CLOSET MIX" FOR A-SIDE SONGS AND "VALENTINE MIX" FOR B-SIDE SONGS. IT IS A TOUGHT TO FIND CD (CHECK THE CENTER HOLE MATRIX NUMBERS. THE ONE ENDING #01 ARE THE FIRST ISSUE)
IF YOU ARE LUCKY AND FIND ONE OF THOSE YOU CAN GET CONFUSSED.
HAPPY HUNTING!
I stand corrected... What CD edition then does carry the Valentin mix, then? Because I used to have one I seem to recall it was German...?

Mark

Post by Mark » 27 Apr 2004 13:37

Well, certainly in the UK, the current officially available CD version of the third album is the Valentin mix. This is the 1996 digitally remasted edition that's still available.

Homme Fatale
Head held high

Post by Homme Fatale » 30 Apr 2004 19:14

Mark wrote:Well, certainly in the UK, the current officially available CD version of the third album is the Valentin mix. This is the 1996 digitally remasted edition that's still available.
Really? I've always been under the impression that the remastered CD was the same as the box set ie. the closet mix?

Mark

Post by Mark » 03 May 2004 11:54

Nope - closet on the box, Valentin on the individual CD.