50 IMMORTALS

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
alfredovu
Head held high

50 IMMORTALS

Post by alfredovu » 21 Apr 2004 16:38

ROLLING STONES MAGAZINE APRIL ISSUE

This is a must issue for you if you are a fan of The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Elvis Presley, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, James Brown, Little Richard, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Bob Marley, The Beach Boys, Buddy Holly, Led Zeppelin, Stevie Wonder, Sam Cooke, Muddy Waters, Marvin Gaye,The Velvet Underground, Bo Diddley, Otis Redding, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Jerry Lee Lewis, Fats Domino, The Ramones, Nirvana, Prince, The Who, The Clash, Johnny Cash, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, The Everly Brothers, Neil Young, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Roy Orbison, John Lennon, David Bowie, Simon and Garfunkel, The Doors, Van Morrison, Sly and the Family Stone, Public Enemy, The Byrds, Jamis Joplin, Patti Smith, Run-DMC, Elton John, or The Band. Why? Because they are the 50 Immortals as decided by Rolling Stone this April 15 (issue 946).·

Technophallus
Hangin' 'round

Post by Technophallus » 21 Apr 2004 21:57

Although I had yet to be born, I bet it would have been cool when Rolling Stone was first started and wasn't an advertisement catalogue interspersed with steaming piles of shit. The only thing that elevates it slightly above MTV is that it is (barely) a print medium and is thus inaccessible to a good number of music video fans.

arjan
I'm Set Free

Re: 50 IMMORTALS

Post by arjan » 22 Apr 2004 09:15

All pieces are available online as well (for now) at http://www.rollingstone.com/features/co ... p?pid=2900. Casablancas of The Strokes writes a rather predictable entry on the VU.

Homme Fatale
Head held high

Post by Homme Fatale » 27 Apr 2004 13:15

Technophallus wrote:Although I had yet to be born, I bet it would have been cool when Rolling Stone was first started and wasn't an advertisement catalogue interspersed with steaming piles of shit. The only thing that elevates it slightly above MTV is that it is (barely) a print medium and is thus inaccessible to a good number of music video fans.
I hear ya, I resent Rolling Stone - no S :wink: - magazine, always have.

MJG196
Born to Lose

Post by MJG196 » 13 May 2004 18:35

Yeah, Rolling Stone has been shiite for a very long time. They have to produce more and more of these "50 Greatest" (albums, guitarists, bands, etc) issues because people will buy them...and their subscribership has been sinking for years. It has become a real teen-rag with an article on the environment every once in a while to prove it is "legit." Buy MOJO. THAT is a music magazine!!
Bargain bin gold, favorite bands, concerts, photos, and my record collection: All Good Music