Squeeze me please!

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
simonm
Head held high

Post by simonm » 06 May 2004 23:51

Hi - I have a spare CD-R of Squeeze that you can have (since I now have it on vinyl) - look at my profile and send me an email, or join the forum and message me.
It's quite good, kind of bubblegum, not much like VU.

Homme Fatale
Head held high

Post by Homme Fatale » 17 May 2004 14:35

simonm wrote:I have a spare CD-R of Squeeze that you can have
I really like the friendly atmosphere that we have here! 8) I also have the album on vinyl, I actually got it years ago, played it maybe once or twice to satisfy the curiosity and then left it alone for years until I played it again recently and was surprised to find that it was much better than I remembered. I quite like some of the songs on there.

A CD release wouldn't hurt. But I bet some people wouldn't agree with me on that! :lol:

Chance
Head held high

Post by Chance » 18 May 2004 19:41

I haven't heard it, but everyone I've seen that has expressed an opinion on it seems to think it's a perfectly enjoyable listen. Seems the only thing going against it is that it's credited to the VU. And that possibly may not have even been under Doug's control (label marketing strategy). Seems if it had been properly credited as a Yule solo album, it would be gettng thumbs up all around.

Oh, by the way, for anyone interested, Goldmine magazine is doing a cover story on the post-Lou VU in June or July. They usually do pretty intelligent write-ups, may be worth a look.
"For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation." - Rainer Maria Rilke

arjan
I'm Set Free

Post by arjan » 18 May 2004 21:59

Chance wrote:Oh, by the way, for anyone interested, Goldmine magazine is doing a cover story on the post-Lou VU in June or July. They usually do pretty intelligent write-ups, may be worth a look.
Well, I for one am interested! :D Wonder if they saw my site, it's got a post-Lou 1971 interview on it with Doug and Maureen. Oh, and a recent e-mail interview I had with Willie is in the pipeline.