Who Plays What - Loaded

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
arjan
I'm Set Free

Re: Who Plays What - Loaded

Post by arjan » 30 Oct 2013 10:07

iaredatsun wrote:I want to know who coughs in the second verse of Who Loves The Sun?
Impossible to tell unless Doug is asked and either owns up or tells us it's Lou. I always assumed it was Doug, though.

lurid
Head held high

Post by lurid » 30 Oct 2013 18:35

I've always wondered why there is an odd "hand clap" sound just after the "evil mothers" line. It's always been there, even on the original vinyl.

Any ideas?
iaredatsun wrote:I want to know who coughs in the second verse of Who Loves The Sun?

About one minute in, around the end of the 'who loves the rain...' line, they clear their throat and then cough.

Mark
Head held high

Post by Mark » 31 Oct 2013 02:02

Could be just that - Lou getting into the swing of things and clapping his hands in the vocal booth. Or just some electrical glitch somewhere in the recording or mixing process - a mic getting knocked, a lead getting pulled out, all that kinda stuff. These days we'd just go into ProTools and mute or filter it out, but where's the fun in that!

Arjan - I can't remember, did you get as far as VU/Another View or the PS&S extra tracks with this project?
8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

arjan
I'm Set Free

Post by arjan » 31 Oct 2013 09:58

Mark wrote:Arjan - I can't remember, did you get as far as VU/Another View or the PS&S extra tracks with this project?
VU and Another View, yes, Peel Slowly and See extra tracks, no. (Got bored with it back in '05 :lol:.)

Here's all the links to the stuff so far:

The Velvet Underground and Nico
White Light/White Heat
The Velvet Underground

(Seems the forum allows max 3 URLs per post nowadays, probably a spam countering measure. The rest is in the post below.)
Last edited by arjan on 31 Oct 2013 10:00, edited 1 time in total.

arjan
I'm Set Free

Post by arjan » 31 Oct 2013 10:00

Mark wrote:Arjan - I can't remember, did you get as far as VU/Another View or the PS&S extra tracks with this project?
VU and Another View, yes, Peel Slowly and See extra tracks, no. (Got bored with it back in '05 :lol:.)

Here's all the links to the stuff so far:

Loaded
VU
Another View

(Seems the forum allows max 3 URLs per post nowadays, probably a spam countering measure. The rest is in the post above.)

arjan
I'm Set Free

Post by arjan » 31 Oct 2013 10:03

Mark wrote:Could be just that - Lou getting into the swing of things and clapping his hands in the vocal booth.
I always assumed this to be the case, probably Lou or possibly Doug (who could be in there as well for the backing vocals at the same time, as happened with "Temptation Inside Your Heart", where Lou, Sterling and John were all in the booth at the same time) clapping his hands spontaneously.

arjan
I'm Set Free

Post by arjan » 25 Jan 2014 19:53

Hooray for vinyl! Last week I bought a US first pressing of Loaded at a very reasonable price from a secondhand LP store here in town and it surprised me how clear the detail is on there. I was always led to believe that CDs offered more clarity/resolution than LPs could, but I can clearly here someone talking in the background on "Oh! Sweet Nuthin'" that I can only barely hear, volume cranked up and all, on CD. It happens between the first two lines of the second verse (Say a word for Ginger Brown / [talking] / Walks with his head down to the ground). Someone talking in the background, probably Doug himself (through a backing vocal track with the mic open too early?). Anyone else ever noticed?

(Oh yeah, and someone clears their throat during "I Found a Reason", too, but that's something I'd noticed before.)