Problem with Problems In Urban Living.

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
Elvis Plebsley
Head held high

Problem with Problems In Urban Living.

Post by Elvis Plebsley » 18 May 2004 17:54

I have a few sound drop-outs on the Problems In Urban Living "Waiting For The Man". Is this typical of all copies of this bootleg or do I have a dud?

lostblues
Head held high

Post by lostblues » 18 May 2004 18:07

yes. I had the same problem (silver - original - disc). I corrected it manually for my copy.

Elvis Plebsley
Head held high

Post by Elvis Plebsley » 18 May 2004 20:24

Thanks. In that case I'll have a little fixing session.

Chance
Head held high

Post by Chance » 19 May 2004 07:51

Elvis Plebsley wrote:Thanks. In that case I'll have a little fixing session.
You're going to shoot up over a little audio glitch? Aren't we taking this "fan" thing a little too far?! :wink:
"For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MJG196
Born to Lose

Post by MJG196 » 19 May 2004 15:01

I dont think it's a matter of taking things too far. For a lot of us, collecting isn't only about the music, but is a genuine hobby. Personally, I have received concerts that cut out, had clicks and blips, and I take the time to correct them and then get them out to other traders. We all want to listen to the best product possible, and some of us have the time & ability to do it. Ya know?!
Bargain bin gold, favorite bands, concerts, photos, and my record collection: All Good Music

marknaveh
Hangin' 'round

Post by marknaveh » 19 May 2004 15:22

This one's easy to fix if you have "Searchin' for my mainline". Both sets have the exact same version of Waiting.

Chance
Head held high

Post by Chance » 20 May 2004 14:54

mg196 wrote:I dont think it's a matter of taking things too far. For a lot of us, collecting isn't only about the music, but is a genuine hobby. Personally, I have received concerts that cut out, had clicks and blips, and I take the time to correct them and then get them out to other traders. We all want to listen to the best product possible, and some of us have the time & ability to do it. Ya know?!
Oops, my goofy little joke didn't fly. :oops: MG, I was just kidding around, implying that by "fixing session" you meant shooting heroin, ala a certain tunesmith we're all familiar with. No offense intended. Actually, I went out and bought some audio editing software myself, but haven't taken the plunge to sit down and actually try to learn it yet. Absolutely, I'm all for audio restoration wherever we can fix up a problematic little slice of musical treasure, I appreciate the effort from anyone who takes the time and energy to make a good thing better like that.
"For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Elvis Plebsley
Head held high

Post by Elvis Plebsley » 20 May 2004 15:34

Hey Chance,
I got the joke - but couldn't think of a witty response.

MJG196
Born to Lose

Post by MJG196 » 20 May 2004 15:38

Chance, the only thing you said that was wrong was that you PURCHASED editing software. I am shaking my head at that one!
Bargain bin gold, favorite bands, concerts, photos, and my record collection: All Good Music