Rock N Roll Animal Web Page Corrections

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
bleach
Head held high

Re: Rock N Roll Animal Web Page Corrections

Post by bleach » 20 Apr 2014 20:26

There looks like lots of new dates according to this promo Lou Reed live LP - the dates are for April / May 1975.

So new info or dates in red, assuming Lou was fit/well/not too drunk etc to play..
Lou was a busy boy!

April 24th Boston, Mass (Live & Alive says Palace Concerts, Providence)
April 25th Providence, R.I.
April 26th New York
April 28th Toronto, Canada
April 29th Poss 2nd night in Toronto ? or 1 gig on 28 or 29th
April 30 Long Island, NY

May 1st New Haven, Conn
May 2nd Albany, NY
May 3rd Passaic, NY
May 4th Springfield, Mass
May 7th Springfield, Mass
May 8th Philadelphia, Pa

May 9th Buffalo, NY
May 10th Akron, Ohio
May 11th Cleveland, Ohio
May 13th Madison, Wisc
May 14th Normal, Ill
May 15th Detriot, Mich

May 16th Chicago
May 17th South Bend, Ind
May 18th Columbus, Ohio

May 22nd Passaic, NJ
May 23rd St Louis, Ohio
May 23rd St Louis, Mo
May 24th Kansas City, Mo

MJG196
Born to Lose

Post by MJG196 » 21 Sep 2014 04:10

27 January 1973 - There were apparently TWO sets that day:

For all his caustic humor, Lou?s loyalty to his friends inspired loyalty in return. Along with Andy Warhol and the Stooges? manager, Danny Fields, my wife and I went backstage to support him during the intermission of his 1973 comeback concert at Lincoln Center. There had been quite a lot of hype for the engagement, with posters in subway stations asking, ?Will you still be underground when Lou Reed emerges on January 27 to perform at Alice Tully Hall??

?Emerges? was just the right word: in the picture on the poster Lou looked like a freshly dug-up corpse with popped-out, baleful black-lined eyes (into whose whites some graffiti genius in the 14th Street station had drawn a network of red veins). And he didn?t look much better in the flesh, slumped morosely on a backstage sofa during the intermission between his two sets, a bit bloated from all the scotch he?d been drinking and the junk food bingeing he?d been doing since he got off speed, stuffed into an unfortunate black-leather stage ensemble that evoked morbid memories of the fat Elvis. (?You wanna chip in and share a pizza?? he?d inevitably ask in that Brooklyn-by-way-of-Long Island accent, at some point in a long night of drinking.)

Andy Warhol had heard from the vultures in the lobby that the first set had gone badly. Lou?s timing was off; he seemed listless, maybe even a little drunk. Andy went over and sat next to Lou on the sofa, balancing his Polaroid camera between his knees. Trying to cheer him up, he showed him a picture he had taken of him from across the room, saying, ?I?ll give it to you, you can . . . uh, keep it.? ?Don?t forget to sign it,? Lou said, ?so Bettye and I can sell it and make some money.?

The second set was better, but not much. And the funereal atmosphere persisted at the after party at the Sherry-Netherland.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2014/ ... e-lou-reed#

1 December 1973 - Akron, Ohio - tickets are on ePay
Bargain bin gold, favorite bands, concerts, photos, and my record collection: All Good Music

MJG196
Born to Lose

Post by MJG196 » 04 Oct 2014 03:21

dial4 wrote:Buffalo 1973 is still missing and it's on TPB !?§.
Yep, 8 December 1973:

Bargain bin gold, favorite bands, concerts, photos, and my record collection: All Good Music

MJG196
Born to Lose

Post by MJG196 » 28 Oct 2014 03:13

The site says Prakash replaced Peter Walsh on the Berlin tour in September, however, here is what Prakash said on his old Geocities page about R&RA:

"It was the third day I was in that band. I rehearsed one day, played in Toronto - of all places - the opening night, the next night was in New York and they recorded this album."

gilbertasm

Post by gilbertasm » 12 May 2015 23:10

Can someone tell me if Lou Reed concert at Gaumont Theatre,Southampton 1973.09.26 (available on guitars101 and TPB among other places) is real thing? Or information is wrong?

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/l ... 94895.html

lurid
Head held high

Post by lurid » 14 May 2015 13:46

looks ok to me. what do you think might be wrong?
gilbertasm wrote:Can someone tell me if Lou Reed concert at Gaumont Theatre,Southampton 1973.09.26 (available on guitars101 and TPB among other places) is real thing? Or information is wrong?

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/l ... 94895.html

gilbertasm

Post by gilbertasm » 14 May 2015 14:44

Well this is soundboard recording from 1973 and very few information on internets about this gig and Rock N Roll Animal web page does not list any track list on this show and list as unrecorded. So I thought that it may be fake.

gilbertasm

Post by gilbertasm » 14 May 2015 14:46

Like fake VU Retinal Circus recording floating around.

dial4
Head held high

Post by dial4 » 14 May 2015 15:36

To be sure it's a fake you must say if you mean it's an orchestra playing like the LRGroup or if it's a recording from another show like the VU retinal circus. I don't know if the RNRAWPage is sure enough about infos, do they have the WVaults recordings for example...

gilbertasm

Post by gilbertasm » 14 May 2015 16:10

fake = from another show.
But probably everything is ok and I am just being paranoid.