MOE TUCKER & STERLING MORRISON - Philadelphia, PA 1994-10-03 [uncirculated]

Description
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MOE TUCKER & STERLING MORRISON
KHYBER PASS PUB, PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA
OCTOBER 3, 1994
MASTER AUDIENCE RECORDING BY THE KING OF ROCK

1ST GEN CASSETTE>AUDACITY>WAV>FLAC

When I saw the Velvets in '93 I couldn't believe how great Moew and Sterling were. They were every bit of Lou and Cale's peers. Why I missed this show I cannot remember. My best guess is that I was sick since they also did an in-store where I worked and I missed that too. At the in-store my buddy Tommy Gunzz asked Sterling what the heck happened with the Velvets reunion. His response was classic: "Lou Reed wasn't the only asshole in the group."
Anyway, this has to be one of Sterling's last gigs and it is beautifully captured by TKOR. Sonny Vincent is also playing. I am not sure who else. I copied the titles from my tape box - the obvious ones I know, but many of these tunes are new to me.

SETLIST:
01. spam again
02. that's bad
04. i'v seen into your soul
05. crackin' up
06. too shy
07. me myself and i
08. i wanna
09. blue, all the way to canada
10. saturday night
tape flip
11. work
12. stayin' put
13. i don't understand
14. hey mersh
15. pale blue eyes
16. fired up
17. talk so mean
18. bo diddley
19. after hours
20. i'm waiting for the man

no mp3's, no selling, YES SHARING
please no remaster/reposts - it is what is.
"It ain't perfect, but it ain't bad"
Enjoy!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at DaD

13Dead_Cats

Re: MOE TUCKER & STERLING MORRISON - 1994-10-03 [uncirculate

Post by 13Dead_Cats » 15 Mar 2016 04:55

I believe this was the year I was fortunate enough to see her at a small club in Seattle fittingly called MOE's She was so gracious :bowdown: We had brought her flowers and I when I wrote her to order a CD single at her Taj Moe Hall web site she recalled the flowers and better yet.. I got a Christmas card from her that year I of course still have. This is a recording I've never seen! The only live bootleg I have is her in Georgia witch has excellent sound! I should dig it up for all those who haven't heard it yet... I think its from later??? perhaps late 90's Early 2000's. Thank you so very much for adding someone I always admired and used as an example when searching for a drummer for one of my bands.. 'Drummer needed: we'er searching for the love child of Moe Tucker and Charlie Watts. If that's you please reply to..." Cheers !