JOHN CALE - 1984-10-04 - Mannheim - Very intense show, AUD m

Like beer - a good bootleg makes its own friends
schnittstelle
Head held high

JOHN CALE - 1984-10-04 - Mannheim - Very intense show, AUD m

Post by schnittstelle » 17 Feb 2015 21:32

JOHN CALE - 1984-10-04 - Mannheim - Very intense show, AUD master by MILAVALENTI #004

Description
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Cale
Capitol, Mannheim, Germany
October - 04 - 1984

AUD Analog Master > DAT Remaster (EQ) > CDR Clone

from MILAVALENTI collection # 004

The MILAVALENTI collection consists mostly of 80's and some 90's and 2000's masters in generally great sound. Most of the concerts
which will be uploaded from this collection are uncirculated. I met the taper who is an old friend of mine recently after more than 20 years.
He was happy to give me his very precious gems to be presented to a wider public. In the 80's I often went to concerts with him and sometimes
both of us were recording.
So some of the recordings which will be uploaded have been uploaded by me before as of my masters collections and some of his recordings
which had been uploaded by me already as first gen copies will now be re-uploaded as master transfers.
The musical style varies from "normal Rock acts" to Wave/Punk and Avantgarde. Also some German Post-Punk acts are included.

Recording equipment: SONY WM-D 6 with AIWA CM-30 Microphone

Rec. Info:
master aud cassette -> DAT Remaster (EQ) -> CDR Clone (all done by original taper) -> Magix Music Cleaning Lab (edit/remaster) -> FLAC -> DIME
Vg+/Ex-. Sound level adjusted.

This is the middle show of the Mannheim 80's trilogy and it seems to be the best concerning intensity. Cale is really shouting and howling the shit out of him
and the band delivers the raw and cutting soundtrack to his exaggerated psycho trip. Especially during the slow and calm sequences you feel the tension
in the venue and you always wait for the next explosion of the maestro which is certainly delivered.
I attended the first and the last show of the trilogy which were also absolutely fine but this one here is outranging the others.
The only flaw is the rather bad echo sound of the Capitol which stands quite opposite to its constructual beauty. Otherwise
this recording is great concerning sound balance and frequency distribution.
So this time the slogan on the ticket (copy attached): John Cale & Band "...comes alive!" is more than true.
The recording is uncirculated as far as I know even if there might be another recording out somewhere.

setlist (tape length 88:39 min)

01 Autobiography -> Ooh La La
02 Evidence
03 Magazines
04 Model Beirut Receitel
05 Streets Of Laredo
06 Leaving It Up To You
07 Caribbean Sunset
08 The Hunt
09 Riverbank
10 Where There?s A Will
11 Paris 1919