Lou Reed 1983-02-26 The Bottom Line NYC

Like beer - a good bootleg makes its own friends
schnittstelle
Head held high

Lou Reed 1983-02-26 The Bottom Line NYC

Post by schnittstelle » 26 Mar 2015 07:35

Lou Reed 1983-02-26 The Bottom Line NYC. A Tapegeek Master/hitwitstuff2 Upload! (samples in comments). A FIRST GEN COPY FROM THE MASTER TAPE!!

Description
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lou Reed
February 26, 1983 (Late Set)
The Bottom Line NYC

A Tapegeek Master Tape/Hitwitstuff2 Upload!

Maxwell XLII 90 cassette First Gen copy from the master recording made by an unknown cassette recorder?s internal condenser mic->LUXMAN K-111 HX Pro Stereo Cassette Deck->Audacity (Levels adjusted, tracks created, no EQ).
flacs created with Switch, MD5 file created with xACT.

HITWITSTUFF2 SAYS:

Its a long weird path that brings these recordings to DIME. It starts in 1997 when on a work assignment in Los Angeles I started talking with a co-worker named Scott and it turns out that he?s into lots of the music stuff I?m into and he?s a taper! Its almost the final days of this project and Scott appears one morning with a Paper Grocery bag filled with first gen copies from master recordings of Replacements, Husker Du, Minutemen, fIREHOSE, Meat Puppets, Butthole Surfers, Robin Hitchcock?..I got dizzy. I had only three or four days to get them all copied and that could only be done while on my ten hour turnaround between work; thats the time I should be sleeping. I went crazy dubbing with my dubber and cassette to DAT with my other set up (instead of sleeping). I didn?t get em all, but I got all that was very important to me. Fifteen years later, I uploaded one of these ?Scott Paper Bag? shows to Dime and told this story. Turns out Scott is on Dime as ?Sporkpie? and identif
ied himself to me. I also met his friend who is also on Dime. He goes by Tapegeek. Those first gen copies that were in the bag were mostly copies of Tapegeek (and his friend and fellow DIME?r Peewee?s) master recordings. Tapegeek coincidently is in the same profession as myself. Small world, huh? Well, guess what. These are his recordings off of his master cassettes that we are now going to enjoy and share so lets reward Tapegeek for handing over his master, for trusting me and for his generosity. Lets get some great comments.

TAPEGEEK (OUR RECORDIST) SAYS:

If you have ever heard this recording of this show before, it is because I used to trade cassettes with people all over the world, and so many dubs of this master have made the rounds - I have been waiting for a very long time for someone like hitwitstuff2 to help me out with getting these shows properly digitized and shared, and so many thanks are due to him - share your recordings folks!!!

This is kind of a weird one - I was very excited that I was finally getting to see my rock and roll hero, who was playing a series of shows at the Bottom Line in NYC - a guy across the hall from me in the dorm at NYU (named Dan?) popped his head in and said "I just saw him last night and I recorded the show" - within minutes I was copying his tape.

A few nights later I got to see the perfect quartet - Lou, Fernando Saunders, Fred Maher, and the incomparable Robert Quine, as seen on the "A Night With Lou Reed" video - I hope that you enjoy this!!!"

Please trade this show freely, but do not alter the files or any of the info, do not convert the FLACs to MP3s unless it is just for your own personal use, and above all do not sell this recording in any way! -Tapegeek

26-02-83
BOTTOM LINE, NEW YORK (LATE SHOW)

1. Sweet Jane
2. I?m Waiting For My Man
3. Martial Law
4. Vicious Circle
5. Sally Can't Dance
6. tuning
7. Don't Talk To Me About Work
8. Women
9. Waves Of Fear
10. Walk On The Wild Side