John Cale Dallas Brooks Hall, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Like beer - a good bootleg makes its own friends
schnittstelle
Head held high

John Cale Dallas Brooks Hall, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Post by schnittstelle » 01 Apr 2015 12:23

John Cale Dallas Brooks Hall, Melbourne, Victoria, Australiia 27th August 1983 Reseed

Description
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Cale

Dallas Brooks Hall, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

27th August 1983

NOTE: This has been seeded before in 2007. This is an upgrade, in that it is from my master and suffers no generational loss.
__________________________________________________________________________________
This is a requested reseed, all files are exactly the same as my previous upload, so hop on an help seed if you wish.
__________________________________________________________________________________

2 x Audio Technica 803S mics>WM D6>TDK MA 90 (Dolby On)>Apple G4 iBook>Amadeus Pro>Track mark and align on Sector Boundaries>Flac level 5

I sat in the front row of the balcony overlooking the stage, mics on lapels facing forwards.

It's worth re telling the story of the mics for those who didn't dowmload Jonathan Richman. Here's an excerpt.

"When I first started recording, I could only afford to buy one mic. I went to my hifi store and they put me onto the Audio Technica 803S, which I bought. When I was more financial I went back and bought another. Problem was it was different, different cable length, level was different, sound was different - store wouldn't take it back, I was stuck with it. Fortunately I lent them to someone and they were stolen from his car, replaced with 2 Sony ECM 50s, but that was later."

With this recording there is some noise in the left hand side as a result of boosting the level on that side. There is also the hiss from the PA, as mentioned by Jonathan Richman. The noise is more apparent in the quieter moments, mostly between songs.

The sound quality is very good, the performance excellent. I'd never expected to see John Cale in Australia and to have Jonathan Richman on as support. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

I've had some discussion with people about the date, I had originally thought it had been September and torrented Jonathan Richman as that date (now corrected). I believe I mislabelled the cassettes from that night, research indicates I am correct in this view. I would like more conclusive evidence though. Any tickets stubs, flyers or posters to help out?

This recording is incomplete. I missed the encore "(I Keep A) Close Watch On This Heart Of Mine".

John Cale - accoustic guitar, piano and vocals
Jonathon Richman - electric guitar and vocals (only on 'Pablo Picasso')

1 Pablo Picasso 07:33
2 Ghost Story 02:38
3 Ship Of Fools 03:44
4 Leaving It Up To You 03:54
5 Amsterdam 02:53
6 Piano Interlude 01:53
7 Child's Christmas In Wales 03:25
8 Antarctica Starts Here 02:50
9 Buffalo Ballet 02:53
10 Riverbank 03:35
11 Paris 1919 03:37
12 Guts 02:57
13 Chinese Envoy 03:40
14 Thoughtless Kind 02:34
15 Cable Hogue 03:24
16 Waiting For The Man 04:13
17 Heartbreak Hotel 04:54

Uploaded to Dime by jimcooke on 16th April 2009

Another Master Recording from "The Early Kooka"

Not For Sale. Share Freely.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at DaD