Post by schnittstelle » 20 Jan 2018 01:24

JOHN CALE w/ LESTER BANGS & THE TOM CAREY BAND
CBGB, NYC, NY, USA
SEPTEMBER 17, 1978
AUDIENCE RECORDING BY SKOTF
SKOTF ARCHIVE VOL. 18

AUD>MASTER CASSETTE>REEL TO REEL>STAND ALONE BURNER>WAV>FLAC

Basically a reseed, new info/checksums/torrent. flac made from original wav

There's unusual, highly unusual...and then there's this.

I am going to try to reseed the whole archive this year, 250 something volumes of seminal New York punk, rock, and no wave.

All the commentary was done as I heard this stuff for the first time. Tapes were marked with only artist, date, venue so I'd constantly be blown away by this guest or that song played.

Thanks to Arbuthnot & SKOTF
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a major rarity/oddity. John Cale performing what sounds like a suite of (unfamiliar to me) songs with Lester Bangs "vocalizing" and backed by the Tom Carey Band, whoever they are. It has the sound you would expect from Cale in this era and it is clearly him singing. Other than that I am at a loss. I am told he had something around this era called "The Nine Lives of G. Gordon Liddy" but nothing in the lyrics matches up with that theme as far as I can tell. Also, the Cale gigography I looked at has no performances around this time and certainly nothing so esoteric. But our guy was there (to see another band) and he quickly whipped out his deck and captured this bad boy. SQ is good w/ no major issues. Like all SKOTF Archive recordings this is either uncirculated or a major upgrade with known lineage. In this case, safe to say, uncirculated.

BAND:
John Cale - vocals, guitar
Lester Bangs "vocalizing"
Tom Carey Band - the rest

SETLIST:
01. ?? [about 35m]

no mp3's, no selling, YES SHARING - “Your last shirt wont have a pocket” - Lone Taper
please no remastered reposts - it is what it is.
“It ain’t perfect, but it ain’t bad”
Enjoy!!

at DaD