Lou Reed 1989-06-15 Philipshalle - Dusseldorf, Germany (Recorder 2 / 2nd Generation)

Like beer - a good bootleg makes its own friends
schnittstelle
Head held high

Lou Reed 1989-06-15 Philipshalle - Dusseldorf, Germany (Recorder 2 / 2nd Generation)

Post by schnittstelle » 05 Jan 2019 16:37

Description
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lou Reed
Philipshalle
Dusseldorf, Germany
June 15, 1989
(Recorder 2)

Transfer: 2nd Generation Tape Transfer > Nakamichi DR-01 (azimuth adjusted) > Audacity > Peak Pro 6 (pitch adjusted +70 cents) > iZotope RX / ozone 5 (mastered) > Peak Pro 6 (post production) > xACT > FLAC

01 Romeo Had Juliette
02 Halloween Parade
03 Dirty Blvd
04 Endless Cycle
05 There Is No Time
06 Last Great American Whale
07 Beginning Of A Great Adventure
08 Busload Of Faith
09 Xmas In February
10 Strawman
11 Dime Store Mystery
12 I Love You Suzanne
13 One For My Baby
14 Doin’ The Things That We Want To Do
15 Rock And Roll
16 Video Violence
17 The Original Wrapper
18 Sweet Jane
19 Walk On The Wild Side
20 Vicious
21 Satellite Of Love

Known Faults:
-None

An alternate 2nd recorder source to the last posting of this show back in 2016, this Recorder 2 source comes from my 2nd generation tape traded for in late 1989.

This is a great "New York Tour" show with an enthusiastic yet in control audience that is there for the music and not the event.

It did require a pretty big pitch adjustment but only took some very minor mastering work beyond that, I did extract a handful of offending audience noises and of course channel aligned and de-clicked.

This one has been sitting on my hard drive for a while and I kept forgetting to put the final touches on it, very glad to finally get it out and though not perfect, I don't think you will be disappointed.

As always, samples provided and artwork included..

mjk5510
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at DaD