Lou Reed - 1996-03-30 Orpheum Theatre, Boston MA (Source 2 from groovechild master)

Like beer - a good bootleg makes its own friends
schnittstelle
Head held high

Lou Reed - 1996-03-30 Orpheum Theatre, Boston MA (Source 2 from groovechild master)

Post by schnittstelle » 15 Sep 2019 08:30

Description
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lou Reed
Orpheum Theatre
Boston, MA
USA
March 30, 1996

Aiwa clip mic > Aiwa recorder > master cassette > Audacity > WAV > FLAC

Taped by groovechild
Transferred September 2019

01 Ride Into the Sun*
02 Dorita >
03 Sweet Jane
04 NYC Man
05 Dirty Blvd.
06 New Sensations
07 I'm Waiting For the Man >
08 Vicious

*Lou and Luna

Lou Reed: vocals, guitar
Mike Rathke: guitar
Fernando Saunders: bass, vocals
Tony "Thunder" Smith: drums

Notes:
Lou joined opening band Luna on "Ride Into the Sun" to close their set. That track is available only from this source. All previously circulating copies are derived from an inferior transfer of this tape done circa 1998. A cool aside: it appears that the original transfer made it into Lou's collection and is now housed at the NYPL with his other recordings.

I can also confirm that the short dropout during "Dirty Blvd" was a failure of the system at the venue, not the recording.

This recording is incomplete and is missing 14 songs. I forgot to start with fresh batteries, and they started to die. I attempted to swap them at the first tape flip and was spotted by a security guy. He started to come towards me, so I hastily put the mic and recorder away. He stopped, but continued to watch me throughout the rest of the show. Luckily, Moonraker issued a superior-sounding silver release of the entire show (minus the song with Luna).

Contrast Clause: This is a different source from the Moonraker release "Orpheum" and includes one song not on that release.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at DaD

dial4
Head held high

Re: Lou Reed - 1996-03-30 Orpheum Theatre, Boston MA (Source 2 from groovechild master)

Post by dial4 » 29 Sep 2019 13:00

Interesting for the Luna version, the rest of the show is distant. I think the Luna act wasn't recorded.