Beginning to see the light

NICO Teatro Pio XI, Bagnolo Mella, Italy, 1986-04-19

Post by Purple Lips » 01 Oct 2019 15:27

Nico
Teatro Pio XI
Bagnolo Mella, Italy
April 19, 1986

Recording: Unknown Aiwa Deck

Transfer: Master Tapes .wav file transfer > Peak Pro 6 (pitch adjustment) > iZotope RX / ozone 5 (mastered) > Peak Pro 6 (post production) > xACT 2.39 > FLAC

01 Fearfully In Danger
02 My Heart Is Empty
03 Purple Lips
04 Tananore
05 Janitor In Lunacy
06 Konig
07 Frozen Warnings
08 One More Chance
09 Das Lied Vom Einsamen Madchen
10 Sixty - Forty
11 All Tomorrow’s Parties
12 Win A Few
13 My Funny Valentine
14 The End
15 Femme Fatale
16 Genghis Khan

Known Faults:
-Fearfully In Danger: start slightly cut
- Das Lied Vom Einsamen Madchen: splice

Welcome to volume 44 of our continuing MRDR Master Series of recordings and photographs documenting four decades of shows through Northern Italy and beyond.

Volume 44 takes us to Bagnolo Mella, a town in the province of Brescia, in Lombardy and a rare capture of Nico on her 1985/1986 Tour. This show does not appear to be widely circulated, if circulated at all, which is a shame because it is excellent quality from start to finish.

Based on the photos, MR captured it near dead center maybe 10 - 15 rows back and an excellent job it is with only a small splice during "Das Lied Vom Einsamen Madchen".

Though I have not heard too many Nico shows from this tour, this one appears to be a little longer than the standard 1986 set, in addition I would imagine it is one of the better recordings documenting this tour.

Other than with the Velvet Underground, Nico has not been on my radar but MR who has followed her career tells me they got an exceptional show on this night and even the casual fan should find it of interest.

Thanks to MR for the master file and the rare photos he took during the show we've used on the covers...

mjk5510

At DaD

Sound is very good and clear.