Velvet Underground - Hamburg, Germany, Sporthalle - 1993-06-11 - reseed- master w. sample - Minimax-master-series #209

Like beer - a good bootleg makes its own friends
schnittstelle
Head held high

Velvet Underground - Hamburg, Germany, Sporthalle - 1993-06-11 - reseed- master w. sample - Minimax-master-series #209

Post by schnittstelle » 28 Mar 2020 09:25

The VELVET UNDERGROUND
Hamburg, Germany
Sporthalle
11. Juni 1993

minimax master-series #209

-reseed-

Master - Audience recording from my old TDK-Sa C-90 Tapes

Of course with my homemade, not so brilliant Cover - Artwork!!

This concert I taped with my SONY Professional D6 walkman and an extra microphone
(I can't remember what microphone it was).

I recorded it from a seat on the left side of the hall about 15 meters from the stage.
The sound quality is very good + or excellent -.
Next time I will see them I have to talk to them that they don't play these long songs
so I can swop the cassette right in time. Oh, sorry, nowadays everything's digital. So I have to turn
my ZOOM around right in time!!
O.k., here they play a nearly four - hour - version of Hey Mr. Rain and about half a
minute before the end of that song the cassette-side was over and I had to swop it. SHIT,
Mr. Reed (RIP) and Mr. Cale and Mrs. Tucker and Mr. Morrison (RIP)!! Never do that again!!!

"After that I decided never ever to record a concert again. And so did I.
This was the last one I ever taped in my 16 year long taper - career.
O.k., I don't know why I stopped taping just after that evening, but I never missed
recording, but some of my later visited concerts I still would love to hear again."
Puuuh, that's what I once wrote seeding it the first time. Hmmm, sometimes things change in life
and 19 years later I got back on the tapers-road and terrorized all you DIMERS out there
with a lot of crappy stuff you never ever wanted to hear but now you have to! Ha!!!

Anyway, here we have the -never ever expected to do concerts together again - Velvets
at the not so good Sporthalle at Hamburg. It really was great to see them on stage
performing together - some kinda magic. But listening to it now wasn't that much
fun because of Mr. Reed singing some of Christa Paeffgens parts.
I enjoyed them at Rotterdam two days before much more because there I was in the second row (and did not
record them up there!).

I know there has been a different version seeded here but I thought my master is
worth an upload. Hope you like it.

Setlist:

Disc 01
01. We're Gonna Have A Real Good Time Together
02. Venus In Furs
03. Guess I'm Falling In Love
04. Afterhours
05. All Tomorrow's Parties
06. Some Kinda Love
07. I'll Be You Mirror
08. Beginning To See The Light
09. The Gift
10. I Heard Her Call My Name
11. Femme Fatale

Disc 02
01. Hey Mr. Rain
02. Sweet Jane
03. Velvet Nursery Rhyme
04. White Light White Heat
05. I'm Sticking With You
06. Black Angel's Death Song
07. Rock & Roll
08. I Can't Stand It
09. I'm Waiting For The Man
10. Heroin
11. Pale Blue Eyes
12. Coyote

Do not sell. For trading only. ..!
..and support Lou, John, Sterling, Maureen and Nico!!!
..buy all their records on vinyl, as I'm sure you do!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at DaD