Lou Reed 2003-07-04 Jardim da Sereia, Coimbra, Portugal [Aud Master 44/16 1st time being shared]

Like beer - a good bootleg makes its own friends
schnittstelle
Head held high

Lou Reed 2003-07-04 Jardim da Sereia, Coimbra, Portugal [Aud Master 44/16 1st time being shared]

Post by schnittstelle » 20 Apr 2020 18:55

Lou Reed
2003-07-04
Jardim da Sereia, Coimbra, Portugal

Source: MD recorded with unknown equipment
Lineage: Master MD>Minidisk Deck Sony MDS JE-510>optical cable>Creative SoundBlaster optical in> USB> Computer> Audacity recording in WAV - 44,1 kHz / 16 bit Wave>Audacity track cut>dbPoweramp Music Converter for flac

Set list:

01. Sweet Jane (The Velvet Underground)
02. Smalltown (Lou Reed / John Cale)
03. Tell It to Your Heart
04. Men of Good Fortune
05. How Do You Think It Feels?
06. Vanishing Act
07. Ecstasy
08. Street Hassle
09. Venus in Furs (The Velvet Underground)
10. Dirty Blvd.
11. Sunday Morning (The Velvet Underground)

LOU REED, vocal and electric and acoustic guitar
MIKE RATHKE, electric and acoustic guitar
FERNANDO SAUNDERS, electric and acoustic bass and electronic drum pad
JANE SCARPANTONI, cello
ANTONY, vocals
REN GUANGYI, Tai-Chi perfomances

This is the first time this recording is being released. This is how the story goes: not long after this concert i was asked by the taper or friend of the taper if i could transfer the MD master because he had no way to do it. So he send me the MD and i recorded a cd-r with my audio cd recorder at the time. I sent that to him and he told me i could keep the master MD. So i kept it but never got to transfer it or trade it again and not even listed it on my trade list. And there it stayed with my other MD's until today when i found it again and decided this is the day.
And here it is for global :-) listening pleasure.
As for the recording this is a partial recording because unfortunately the taper only had one MD and was not able to record the whole concert. Only 11 songs were captured from a set list of 20 played by Lou. A pitty it is but it is what we get. So, he recorded the first eight straight songs of the set and then paused it until Venus in Furs started and finishing with Sunday Morning.
The sound is quite good but the crowd was not being very respectful and talking a lot. They were waiting for a rock'n'roll Lou but he kept us in the dark and people to time to dive into the show. I was there and remember it well being very annoyed with the crowd attitude but Lou was in good mood and kept delievering the goods. I like this show a lot the only down to me was Antony but that is because i don't like his voice but that is me.
Well after almost 17 years here it is.
Enjoy and share and stay safe :-)
Z
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at DaD