LOU REED @ Boston Music Hall, Boston MA. April 24th, 1975 / A Joe Maloney Master Recording @ 24/96 ~ New 2022 transfer

Like beer - a good bootleg makes its own friends
schnittstelle
Head held high

LOU REED @ Boston Music Hall, Boston MA. April 24th, 1975 / A Joe Maloney Master Recording @ 24/96 ~ New 2022 transfer

Post by schnittstelle » 01 Apr 2022 17:33

LOU REED

Music Hall
Boston Massachusetts
April 24th, 1975

A Joe Maloney Master Recording
Transferred and Presented By Krw_co
New 2022 transfer

contrast clause this torrent is different because this is the 24/96 version

LINEAGE AUDIENCE ANALOG MASTER CASSETTE>NAKAMICHI DR-1 (W/MANUAL AZIMUTH ADJUSTMENT)>
CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER X-FI HD MODEL #SB1240 WAV(24/96KHZ)>MAGIX AUDIO CLEANING LAB FOR
KRW TRACK MARKS VOLUME ADJUSTMENT AND EDITS>WAV(16/44.1KHZ)>TRADERS LITTLE HELPER FLAC (LEVEL 8)

The Band
Lou Reed Vocals Guitar
Doug Yule Guitar
Bruce Yaw Bass
Marty Fogel Saxophone
Michael Suchorsky Drums

SETLIST
1 Tune Up
2 Sweet Jane
3 I Wanna Be Black
4 Coney Island Baby
5 Sally Can't Dance
6 Waiting For The Man
7 Heroin
(tape flip edit at 00:36:06:14)
8 Berlin
9 Lady Day
10 Downtown Dirt
11 Walk On The Wild Side
(tape flip edit at 01:02:27:09)
12 Kicks
13 Complete The Story Now
14 Rock & Roll
15 Aftershow

JOE'S MEMORIES:
Sometimes, you don't know how good something was until you have time to reflect.
That was the case with this Lou Reed show. We had seen the original Velvet Underground (without Nico)
during their 1969 tour and in November of 1974, we had seen Lou at the smaller sized Orpheum Theater in Boston,
just up the street from the Music Hall, during the "Sally Can't Dance" tour. At that time, he was still in his
"Rock 'n' Roll Animal", so we kind of expected a repeat of that show, with some new songs from his latest album,
"Coney Island Baby", thrown in. But, just like David Bowie, Lou had returned with a new band lineup and a different sound..
Doug Yule, from the Velvet Underground, was back on lead guitar and saxophone player, Marty Fogel, was featured on just about
every song in the show. I had been lucky when I ordered my tickets and we ended up sitting in the center Orchestra section,
about seven rows from the stage. The sound was great and I got a nice recording of the show. And, even though some of the
"enthusiastic" audience members were a little "boisterous" between songs, they didn't intrude on the performances.
There was no formal introduction of the band, they just walked on stage as the lights went down and, after a couple of minutes of tuning,
opened the set with the V.U./Lou classic, "Sweet Jane". A new song called "I Wanna Be Black" was next and, even though it seemed like a
"catchy" little tune at first, once you paid attention to the lyrics, it became obvious that there was a serious subject that was being covered.
"Coney Island Baby" and "You Can Dance", from the new album, came next and gave us our first taste of Marty Fogel's talents on the sax. He got to shine again, on the rearranged, and faster, version of "I'm Waiting For The Man". Just listening to the intro, you never would have guess that it was the same song, but as it continued and the sax came in, it gave this classic a whole new life. The next song was one that couldn't be changed. That was the Velvet Underground's "Heroin". This version was about 9 minutes long and went back to the "primal", intense sound of the V.U., with Lou doing the vocal, accompanied by only some minimal lead guitar, by Doug Yule, until the "rush" kicked in and the rest of the band joined in, with more great sax lines, for the final two minutes of the song. This was one of my favorite V.U. songs and one of the best moments of the show. The most "hypnotic" song of the evening came next, with the flute intro of Lou's "Berlin". Throughout the song, the audience sat in total silence, just listening intently to the words and the gentle flute sounds. The quiet time continued with "Lady Day" and "Downtown Dirt",
two more songs that featured more of Marty's sax. When we had seen Lou in 1974, that band didn't have a sax player,
so "Walk On The Wild Side" had lead guitar lines taking over, but this time, this 8 minute version made up for what we had missed and more.
Doug got to do some excellent lead guitar on "Kicks", with "Complete The Story Now", including more sax, ending the set.
Then it was time for the most familiar Velvet Underground song of all and Lou and the band came back on to do an extra loud and full-out
(and extra LOUD) version of "Rock & Roll" that gave each member of the band their time to shine.
Hearing this song with great lead guitar AND great saxophone take it to a whole new level.
And Bruce Yaw, on Bass and Michael Suchorsky, on Drums, were outstanding throughout the show, too!
It took me quite a while to appreciate how good this concert was, but one of the reasons for that might have been that, as good as our seats were,
I didn't get many good photos. At the 1974 show, there were lots of bright yellow and white spotlights,
so I didn't have any problem getting some nice shots, but at this show, they only used red, blue and dull yellow lights.
I can't complain too much, though. I had great seats, I got a great recording and I did get a few good photos of Lou,
as well as lifelong memories of being at the show. Enjoy this piece of Lou Reed history!

Many Many Thanks To Joe

If you have masters and/or known generation recordings that you need assistance with
transferring/archiving, please contact us via email at krwcoarchiving@gmail.com.

Visit our youtube channel at
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCETN1c ... fzUzmoGTrA
Subscribe if you like what you see. A lot more is on the way.

PLEASE DON'T ALTER OR SELL THIS RECORDING.
AS ALWAYS ENJOY CHEERS KRW_CO

at DaD