Cleveland 1968-04-28 at VU Torrents

Like beer - a good bootleg makes its own friends
discoscrudos
On the wild side

Cleveland 1968-04-28 at VU Torrents

Post by discoscrudos » 22 Jan 2008 15:25

http://www.velvetunderground.be/torrent ... .php?id=60

Is this one an excerpt from the disc three of "Caught Between The Twisted Stars" CD boxset, or does it come from another source?

Thanks!!

Mark
Head held high

Re: Cleveland 1968-04-28 at VU Torrents

Post by Mark » 23 Jan 2008 18:36

The description on the torrent is fairly clear on this:
I obtained this tape copy a couple of years prior to the vinyl issue, and it contains a few seconds of preamble which seems to have been trimmed off all other circulating versions. Unfortunately, the recording has multiple flaws - signal level variations, drop-outs, several short periods of silence, no real dynamic range etc etc. Apart from cutting out the silent parts and balancing the channels, I've not tried to improve it at all. Overall quality isn't quite as good as the bootleg LP version, although it could possibly be cleaned up a bit with the right tools.
8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

gordon

Post by gordon » 23 Jan 2008 19:06

I wrote that description when I first upped it to dime. This version is very very slightly longer, and includes an additional line of Sister Ray before it cuts off abruptly. Someone on dime compared it to the 2LP/2CD version and noticed that although my copy has more material, it is slightly shorter. Make of that what you will....

Obviously, this version does not have the cut in the middle due to it being spread over 2 sides of vinyl.

discoscrudos
On the wild side

Post by discoscrudos » 23 Jan 2008 23:11

I don't have that Live 68 or Sweet Sister Ray vinyls, so I can't compare to them. :oops:
I've just heard it now. The big difference between the CBTTS version (guess it comes from the vinyl? Let me know...) and this one, besides those 35 first seconds (it's cool to hear how they start the song) and not having that fade out at the end, is that it's at a higher speed (its total time is 38:38, and the CBTTS version is 39:33). I think it has a better pitch, sounds more real. :mrgreen:

Thanks gordon!!!