JOHN CALE & SPEDDING - Lone Star Cafe, New York 1985-12-01

Like beer - a good bootleg makes its own friends
schnittstelle
Head held high

JOHN CALE & SPEDDING - Lone Star Cafe, New York 1985-12-01

Post by schnittstelle » 23 Dec 2010 17:34

JOHN CALE & CHRIS SPEDDING - Lone Star Cafe, New York 1985-12-01 G2 MASTER RECORDING

JOHN CALE & CHRIS SPEDDING
LONE STAR CAFE, NEW YORK, NY, USA
DECEMBER 1, 1985
G2 MASTER AUDIENCE RECORDING

AIWA RECORDER MASTER CASSETTE>STAND ALONE BURNER>WAV>FLAC

This is one of my earlier recordings from when I had mediocre equipment and little know-how. There is a whole bunch of operator error here. The good news is that this is also an uncirculated and ultimately pretty listenable show. Apparently it is between European tours - a one-off w/ his buddy at what was his home base in the mid-80's. Spedding plays solo and with Cale. Cale plays mostly piano, but some guitar too, as on the really nice LIUTY. Killer version of Heartbreak Hotel here also. OK, how many ways did I f*** this up? Well, let's see, there is the fact that only the Spedding part of the first set is here (and one Cale song) before it gets cut off. (Why? I have no idea.) Then, when the next set starts I had only one channel and static on the other. Turned out to be a jack issue. So for that part of the tape I used a splitter to send the one track to both channels. The low recording level you can blame the tape deck for. OTHER THAN THAT, it's perfect! This does not comp
are to the great Lone Star shows shared by davmar77 and velvetsfan - if you don't have those get em first. But if you do this will be worth a listen. This show is not on the Cale gigography, but it is dated on my master tape and my show list. It could still be wrong, but I don't think so.

SETLIST:
1st Set
01. tuning
02. i'm not like everybody else
03. rip it up
06. wild wild women
07. buffalo ballet

2nd Set
09. hey miss betty
10. mary lou
11. wild wild women
12. buffalo ballet/go west young man
13. darling i need you
tape flip
14. darling i need you (conclusion)
15. taking it all away
16. chinese envoy
17. a child's christmas in wales
18. dying on the vine
19. leaving it up to you
20. cable hogue
21. fear
22. --crowd--
23. close watch
24. heartbreak hotel

no mp3's, no selling, YES SHARING
please no remaster/reposts - it is what it is.
?It ain?t perfect, but it ain?t bad"
Enjoy!!

at DaD