The Velvet Forum version 2.0 - READ.

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
Homme Fatale
Head held high

The Velvet Forum version 2.0 - READ.

Post by Homme Fatale » 06 Mar 2004 12:44

Welcome to the new, improved and banner and pop-up ad free version of The Velvet Forum!

Old users will know that while the earlier version of the forum got off to a good start with lots of registered members and active posting, we all of a sudden got hit by an unexpected blitzkrieg of banner and pop-up ads. The only "advertising" pop-up this site now gives is the one from the .tk domain name and you can even avoid that with a pop-up blocker. But the annoying (to say the least!) banners and pop-ups we had at "V1.0" are now nothing but a bad memory. Other than that this new version is as similar as possible to what some of you might have already gotten used to, only better with many additional features.

Unfortunately this all means that if you registered with The Velvet Forum before March 6, 2004 you will need to register a new account. But that's a small price to pay, don't you agree? Naturally, all the old messages from the old forum are now gone as well as it was impossible to transfer them (just like the old user accounts) here because the whole system is different. So don't take offence at the disappearance of the posts; this time there was an understanable reason for it!

This php version of the forum was set up by ferges and from now on he will be the site admin so send a private message or email to him if you have a question or problem regarding the forum.

A few "rules"... No political or religious posts allowed. Remember that this forum is a place for friends to meet and discuss the best music in the world that we're all fans of. If it turns unfriendly, take a deep breath and back off. Be respectful to one another, even those you don't agree with. If you really have a problem with a post or its author send a private message to ferges and he'll look into it. Most people of course do know how to behave though so hopefully these notes will be unnecessary.

Enjoy...
Last edited by Homme Fatale on 16 May 2006 14:02, edited 9 times in total.

velvi$
Hangin' 'round

Post by velvi$ » 06 Mar 2004 20:57

Good job guys
Who Loves the Bun

simonm
Head held high

Post by simonm » 06 Mar 2004 23:00

Yeah - thanks! - I like the new forum - the colour scheme is nicer that the Aimoo one too - sort of like the Big Yellow in reverse.

ferges
Site Admin

Post by ferges » 07 Mar 2004 01:48

if you want to avoid the popup from the .tk domain, you can access the forum directly using this link http://www.velvetforum.com/
Last edited by ferges on 24 Mar 2006 22:40, edited 1 time in total.

Homme Fatale
Head held high

Post by Homme Fatale » 08 Mar 2004 12:33

simonm wrote:sort of like the Big Yellow in reverse.
:lol: Well it was time for a change!

lostblues
Head held high

Post by lostblues » 08 Mar 2004 17:42

My dear friends!
What a fast change, thanks very much for that. The php stuff is way better. And it looks grrrreat. Nice colours!
Now I hope that this forum will become THE place for us VUnatics.
Thumbs up! :mrgreen:

Homme Fatale
Head held high

Post by Homme Fatale » 13 Mar 2004 10:37

ferges wrote:if you want to avoid the popup from the .tk domain, you can access the forum directly using this link http://www.velvetforum.com/
If you access the site from your own machine, you should perhaps bookmark the above URL - that way the "remember my login" function will work. The .tk domain name is good because it's easier to remember should you visit the site from a public computer or something like that... Suit yourself.

lostblues
Head held high

Post by lostblues » 13 Mar 2004 11:29

I already changed it to the .pl URL. Everything works fine now. But where are the visitors? This thing here has to grow! And to Ferges: Thanks for your torrent offers. I think offers like that may attract more people to visit this site. Let´s hope the best! :wink:

Homme Fatale
Head held high

Post by Homme Fatale » 15 Mar 2004 08:58

lostblues wrote:But where are the visitors? This thing here has to grow!
Give it time, the forum's only been up for a very short time... And we already have more registered users than we did at "V1.0", I think? Only most of them don't post a whole lot... These things usually pick up when there's a record release or something like that.

Chance
Head held high

Post by Chance » 22 Mar 2004 05:37

Okay, I'm here now. And I've brought along all my multiple personalities. And imaginary friends. Might get crowded.

Where's the bar?

:?: (One thing, how come I see a red X where my avatar should be? When I go to my profile page, it's displayed there correctly.)
"For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation." - Rainer Maria Rilke