1969 press kit

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
alfredovu
Head held high

Re: 1969 press kit

Post by alfredovu » 13 Jan 2009 12:40

velvetfan wrote:and my hardest find the Velvet Dylan for $130. Even today, I actually won my last missing compilation lp Gigantes DEL POP VOL. 5 from an eBay seller for about $20. It is always great when you fill a certain group. I have one cd compilation that I can't find and have never seen and if anybody ever sees it, let me know; is the THE VELVET UNDERGROUND - MILLENIUM EDITION

Universal 549 318-2(18), Germany, 2001 It is the one with the blueish cover and I have NEVER seen it on eBay, ever! :x
Velvet Dylan: I still miss this one! Was one of the never-to-find records back in the old days.
Gigantes de Pop Vol 5 : Yeahh! This was rare even here in Spain (it is an Spanish issue) and tought to find. Took time to me to get my copy.

This post is getting quite interesting to me. I will open a new one just for us to talk about rare stuff., so we can put things into focus as rare is not same as expensive as we have discussed hereabove

I will have a look here and see if I can find this Millenium CD for you Rick

alfredovu
Head held high

Post by alfredovu » 16 Jan 2009 13:48

simonm wrote: I'm seriously thinking about selling my Aspen box now. It's complete apart from the subscription form page, so should fetch a good sum.
S
Yesterday ended one at Ebay at $843 (missing the Flip Book on this)

velvetfan
Head held high

Post by velvetfan » 29 Jan 2009 15:24

alfredovu wrote:
simonm wrote: I'm seriously thinking about selling my Aspen box now. It's complete apart from the subscription form page, so should fetch a good sum.
S
Yesterday ended one at Ebay at $843 (missing the Flip Book on this)
I am shocked! I have been watching Aspens sell for under $600; thats great. This is a very rare item; good to know that the value of mine seems to be going up. Mine has perfect box, no splits and complete with the melted balloon of course.

alfredovu
Head held high

Post by alfredovu » 29 Jan 2009 16:18

velvetfan wrote:
I am shocked! I have been watching Aspens sell for under $600; thats great. This is a very rare item; good to know that the value of mine seems to be going up. Mine has perfect box, no splits and complete with the melted balloon of course.
Melted balloon?

velvetfan
Head held high

Post by velvetfan » 29 Jan 2009 17:11

alfredovu wrote:
velvetfan wrote:
Melted balloon?
I know, got distracted and mixed it up with the Index book. I have both in great condition. Note, have you noticed sometimes the Index book sells with the flexi from Iggy's original Feedback book, along with the Lou flexi? I've seen it twice.

alfredovu
Head held high

Post by alfredovu » 29 Jan 2009 20:40

velvetfan wrote: I know, got distracted and mixed it up with the Index book. I have both in great condition. Note, have you noticed sometimes the Index book sells with the flexi from Iggy's original Feedback book, along with the Lou flexi? I've seen it twice.
Well I actually asked because I´m always afraid thinking my Aspern copy could miss anything. I know my copy is full, but once I saw one at Ebay that showed a general photo of all item and I would say that I saw somthing that was not on my copy!

Wow! Never seen one of those. I will tell this to Iganacio. He will be proud of it! This was a terrific flexi!!
My Index had "the paper thing attached to the string" (you know waht I mean :cry: ) missing. A good friend sent me a photocopy on high quality glossy paper and I made it. Was not easy at all but I love the final result. Apart from that is full. One day will pay attention to the hardcovers ones...

anagrama
Beginning to see the light

Post by anagrama » 26 May 2017 15:34

lurid wrote:It was me who provided that info to Olivier, but I got it from a UK dealer who was selling a copy on ebay. I asked him how he "knew" how many had been pressed and he reminded me that these were pressed by EMI. EMI used each "stamper" to press 250 - 300 LPs before replacing it. Each "stamper" was allocated a number and a letter and these are stamped into the dead vinyl run-off area. The letters used by EMI spelled out the word "gramophone", so the first "stamper" is "1-G", the second one is "1-R", the third "1-A" etc etc. Apparently every copy of this record that dealer had ever seen was a "1-G" or a "1-R", thus the conjecture about 500 - 600 total copies pressed. (I rushed off and confirmed that my copy is indeed a "1-G") I had forgotten that this sort of stuff is common knowledge to Beatles fans but I hadn't thought to apply it to this LP....

Anyone out there got anything OTHER than a "1-G" or a "1-R" pressing?
8 years late in replying here, but I've just acquired a copy of CS 8108 that has an "A" stamper on Side A and "P" on Side B.
However, it's important to note that the stamper code is not the -1G part of the matrix stamped at 6 o'clock, but the individual letter stamped at 3 o'clock instead - as far as I can tell, all copies have -1G in the "main" matrix (similarly, the "mother" code is the digit stamped at 9 o'clock - mine and, I imagine, all others have a '1' here).

bleach
Head held high

Post by bleach » 26 May 2017 16:24

anagrama wrote:
lurid wrote:It was me who provided that info to Olivier, but I got it from a UK dealer who was selling a copy on ebay. I asked him how he "knew" how many had been pressed and he reminded me that these were pressed by EMI. EMI used each "stamper" to press 250 - 300 LPs before replacing it. Each "stamper" was allocated a number and a letter and these are stamped into the dead vinyl run-off area. The letters used by EMI spelled out the word "gramophone", so the first "stamper" is "1-G", the second one is "1-R", the third "1-A" etc etc. Apparently every copy of this record that dealer had ever seen was a "1-G" or a "1-R", thus the conjecture about 500 - 600 total copies pressed. (I rushed off and confirmed that my copy is indeed a "1-G") I had forgotten that this sort of stuff is common knowledge to Beatles fans but I hadn't thought to apply it to this LP....

Anyone out there got anything OTHER than a "1-G" or a "1-R" pressing?
8 years late in replying here, but I've just acquired a copy of CS 8108 that has an "A" stamper on Side A and "P" on Side B.
However, it's important to note that the stamper code is not the -1G part of the matrix stamped at 6 o'clock, but the individual letter stamped at 3 o'clock instead - as far as I can tell, all copies have -1G in the "main" matrix (similarly, the "mother" code is the digit stamped at 9 o'clock - mine and, I imagine, all others have a '1' here).
Interesting, these are the matrixs from my copy, mine are difficult to make out - doesn't photograph too well but are

Side 1 - 2YMG 291 - 1G
Side 2 - 2YMG 292 - 1G

3 o clock stamp -
Side 1 - G
Side 2 - A

In 10 yrs of watching Ebay and maybe seeing around a handful of copies sell, all i seem to remember is the G matrix being listed. The 3o'clock stamp is new to me so thanks for drawing this to my attention.